Register now to get rid of these ads!

Almost t-bucket weather!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nobux, Apr 1, 2008.

1. nobux

nobux

Well, I've been making SOME progress. Chassis and suspension components are painted, body will stay low gloss black for a little while longer. I have to run brake, tranny, and fuel lines, finish the headers, finish the interior and wire it. I'm also putting together a set of 15x8 steel wheels for the back to match the fronts. I hope to be driving it May 1!

I put together the car the first time in 6 months, this time it took me 3 years. It's amazing what an energetic daughter, a nurse wife on swing shifts, and a major home remodel will do for your free time.

Thanks HAMB!
    Karl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Not to make ya feel bad but here in balmy Oklahoma I took mine for a spin yesterday.

Nice bucket. BTW

3. Kramer

Kramer

Looks great. I checked out your other threads on progress. I like the way it looks now much better than before. The steel wheels are a much better choice. It's very similar to how I want mine to look. I have mine channeled however, my opinion is it looks better. Are you keeping the lake pipes you had before?

4. nobux

nobux

Yep, Im almost finished welding up and grinding the lakes-style headers. It's funny, I was dead set on running the Cragars, but when the frame and suspension got painted, they looked odd. The car now is how I wanted it to look the first time. Thanks guys,
    Karl

5. dmac620

dmac620

Almost T-bucket weather is right. Any day now those piles of snow behind your car will melt away. Spring has hit here in NJ today with temps in the sixties.