Register now to get rid of these ads!

Allentown PA Swap meet. Worth the trip?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shoebox72, Jan 10, 2009.

1. shoebox72

shoebox72

A few friends & I want to go to the Allentown swap meet. I was wondering if anyone would comment on if it's worth a 3hr drive. Are there HAMB friendly vendors there or is it mostly toys & roundy-round parts.

What ya think?

Billy

2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

The last time I went was probably 7-8 years ago, and it was mostly either junk you can buy new any day of the week, or common SBC parts. Unless it's changed since then, I wouldn't bother with it.

3. skidsteer

skidsteer

I wouldn't drive any more than an hour for this one. You can see everything there in two hours, and that's if you walk around really slow.
    Besides, outside temps are supposed to be frigid starting Friday.

4. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

to drive over from Ct. I would say NO.
    it's not anything like lake compouce or stafford springs. picture your local VFW hall having a swap meet. that's it. over and done with in a 1/2 hr or longer if you walk slow.
    do a search on it we talked about it a few weeks ago

5. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

last year i was there, not great but something to do. however, frank and carol from chrome it were vending there. they always have cool stuff! go to the big E if you need something to do. its the same weekend and its much bigger.(not necessarily much better though!!!)

6. billy,

no, i would not drive 3 hr to do this show. it is pretty pointless.

tok

7. Missing Link

Missing Link

Don't do it! Not worth the drive, time, admission or mental anguish. I live 30 minutes from where this attempted swap takes place...and I don't go. It's a bunch o' bullshit.

8. sawzall

sawzall

met up with chevstolac tonight at the show..

this was the first time in 5 years that I bought a real car part at the event..

it was cold outside.. and attendance seemed "down"

but Stan directed me to Allentown's best "CHICKEN POT PIE"
    which made the trip worth the effort.

9. thesupersized

thesupersized

me and few of my buddies took a ride...gives something to do in the middle of the winter when you can't do anything else...especially since its freezing out and both your cars are outside...

picked up some small shoebox stuff and a 39 nash grill..i thought it looked cool and would look good in a westergard styled car if i ever got a 35/36 ford.

10. MMMMM....... pot pie.........

11. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I go every year just for something to do in the winter. Not that much there. Good farmer's market, though.
    Worth a 3 hour drive? No way.