Register now to get rid of these ads!

All right ladies, what are you driving?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by breederswife, Oct 26, 2006.

1. breederswife

breederswife

I am in search of a car for myself. I saw a lot of great rides at the Hunnert and was wondering what the ladies on the HAMB were driving to get some inspiration.

2. Retrorod

Retrorod

The Flower roadster, she built it, she drives the wheels off it.

Attached Files:

3. boozoo

boozoo

I'd say more'n anything you have to go with what YOU like. ;)

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

First off, nice to see you on the HAMB. It's was wonderful meeting you at the PileUp. I was glad to see Todd had a ride.:rolleyes: :D Looking forward to seeing you both again next summer, if not before.:cool:

As you know I didn't have Big Olds at the PileUp so I thought I'd throw up a photo on your thread so you can see what he looks like.

[​IMG]

White_Attack likes this.
  5. Hellfish

Hellfish

Hi Shana! You saw Elizabeth's car... she did most of the work herself. Just look for a car you like... then find one that's in good shape and needs little work (Fords & Chevys are easy to find parts for)... this advice is the same for men and women

[​IMG]

6. Hi Shana and welcome! Nice to see ya!

I don't drive anything.... devout city girl. I like cars, but haven't owned one for almost 10 years now.

7. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Love your screename.....:D:D

8. synthsis

synthsis

9. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Here's a couple from the local Fender Skirts Car Club:

Shine-O-Matic:

[​IMG]

Laura's '55 Merc, in "race" trim without caps, hood, or bumper. She's on here as Trends, but doesn't post much. Very sweet car that she races and drives to Paso every year.

[​IMG]

And Kati's '53 Merc. She usually races Laura and also drives to Paso every year. Rumor has it, she's shopping for a supercharger to outrun her husbands car next DOTD!!!

[​IMG]

The pretty blue shoebox belongs to Chop Shop Rob. I think he may be pledging to be a Fender Skirt.:cool:

There are more Fender Skirts that I can't find pictures of. If I come across some, I will. And Bass is building a pretty bitchin' ride for one of 'em as well.

There's also a new "girls" club in town. I believe they're called the Voodoo Dolls. A '53 Olds and '58 Chevy among others. Maybe somebody can post those for you.

Just look at as many different styles of cars that you can, and a trend of what you like will start appearing. Then narrow down to a couple and go shopping! Every lady likes to shop, right?

10. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

This one belongs to Mama Rash

[​IMG]

11. old beet

old beet

Mrs BEET drives a chopped 49 Merc, yesterday she drove it into the back of a City Light truck. Need a new grill, puting the new master cylinder on now!!!....OLDBEET

12. Ms. Metal

Ms. Metal

13. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

MNOutlawCustoms likes this.
  14. Ms. Metal

Ms. Metal

Thanks Buzzard....your the best!!!! One day I will figure out how to work this thing. Anyway, glad to see lots of new gals out there building and driving the hell out of their rides.

MNOutlawCustoms likes this.
  15. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Thanks, could you pass that along to my wife!:rolleyes:

16. breederswife

breederswife

Thanks for all the Pics and advice. Keep em coming! All the pics are of great cars so far. A lot of work going on. My major downfall, is that I will find something that I really like and if Breeder isn't with me, I screwed because I can't tell what kind of car it is. I am working on that.:) Thanks again for the responses:D :D :D !

17. breederswife

breederswife

Thanks for the great pic! Todd told me about your car and showed me a picture of it before we went to the Pileup. It is beautiful. I was glad that I got to meet you and look forward to seeing you soon too! :) :) :)

18. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

This is my wife's, the former Brewsirmobile

[​IMG]

19. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Oh yeah, I know exactly what you mean. You just have to sort of work out a kind of code. "It was long and low" or "big and round" or "it had pointy taillights". And then you'll start to recognize "it was kinda like so and so's car, but the front was a little different" Then pull up a picture online of a car like so and so's and go over the parts that are different. Pretty soon you can tell certain cars apart. Especially the styles that you like.

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

Do you like sharp lines or rounded curves? Long or short (cars)? Car or Truck? That will help narrow things down. Look at car show pics posted on the HAMB. Buy some cool magazines and flip through them till you find things you like. Todd will think this is the coolest thing ever... well, next to that other thing you do. :)

21. mikes51

mikes51

Here are a couple of pics in non race form, pics are from Paso. Really clean Merc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Here is my Old lady's 50 Chevy, well before I took it apart. It will have a white/pink pearl body and a Rose Mist(original Grapevine color)top with some flowerdy lace, air-ride, tuck-n-roll, WWW and some flipper caps. Can't wait to finish it for her.

Attached Files:

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

what other thing???weve been together goin on 12 years, 2 youngsters, enough debt to buy 3 killer 32's on ebay [no kiddin] plus rentals, restaurant, paint business...etc...so the other thing ,, well, lets just say , where down to 9 times a week!!!!:eek: :D

alright , a year:( :p
    shana loves cars and we first made out for hours in my 70 amx that pop bought new...so she was always a m/car gal..but the more she was around cars the more she liked 50/60's cars....she loves the chev of elizibeths ....so im lookin in that area...heres one from hunnert she really liked..ford..anyone know who owns it???course i have no fab skills so more stock then this..but she loves the lines:)

Attached Files:

24. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

that bird looks awesome man!!!:)

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

That is a 55-56 Ford (I think). A lot of custom work in that one. I don't know who owns it, but I've seen it at several shows in the area, so I can ask around.

Elizabeth's is a 51 Chevy Bel Air. I told her that 49-52 Chevys are easy to work on, modify, and you can get parts anywhere cheap. That turns out to be true... for all 49-52 Chevys... EXCEPT the Bel Air hardtop... so if you want a cheap car, stay away from the hardtops! You don't want to know what the windshield rubber cost.

27. haring

haring

I believe a woman should be allowed to drive any car that a man can.

Seriously.

PS: I love Laura's '55 Merc. My dad's mom had the same car new in '55.

28. Big Tony

Big Tony

Man you gals are raising the bar for us and on the note of the merc gals... i saw them at the day of the drags in temple and they did a heck of a job getting em down the track.

29. here is my wife at the Day of the Drags in here 34 ford pickup.

Attached Files: