Register now to get rid of these ads!

All 50 states

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blasted, Sep 7, 2012.

1. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

The wife and I just drove thru the last state on our list.
    We have now 2 laned thru every state in the USA plus 2 islands in Hawaii. We did not 2 lane in Alaska but we have traveled there. This also includes Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica pier. Alot of the states where done in our 46 chevy panel van. The US is done.
    Now the first thougt I had when we met our goal was, dam, I wanted to stop at a slavage yard in every state and get a licsense plate from each that we have been in to nail on my shop wall. 50 states worth.
    Time to start over.
    Or, we need to set up a tag swap thread. I will send you one of our states for one of your state.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

congrats. usually can find all states plates for sale here, at swap meets and other sites online. place an ad in Classifieds Wanted section here. so, what is your next goal to achieve?

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Pretty damn cool , blasted !

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

You can't go wrong on that Alaskan adventure .

5. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Eddie is right...you can't miss with Alaska.If you do make Fairbanks or Ester,give us shout and we'll show you around.

Eddie,good to see you here on the HAMB!

Bob

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Congrats...my bro and I have been two-laning since the mid '70's...it's the best way to really see America...we've gotten to and thru 38 of the 48 contiguous states in a hot rod or one of our kustoms and I have a huge map posted in my den highlighting each trip...

Interstates are good for making time...but for the scenery and genuine feel of seeing each state thru the windshield of an old car, you simply cannot beat a two-lane highway...!!!

R-

7. Fenders

Fenders

Why buy when you can just swap with a HAMBer?
    Blasted, are you interested in older plates, or newer?

8. I have some South Dakota tags and could use some Texas ones for my wall.

9. outlaw256

outlaw256

well we are about to do the 2 lane thing ourselves. me and the wife intend to pick up 66 and head out west.all the way to california!! our ot impala has a powerglide in her so the slower speeds will be a plus.and we get to see whats left of the old days...and ways.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I actually have a plate from every state that was given to me by a HAMB memeber from that state. They are the crown molding in my kitchen. Looks pretty cool and I think of the friend that gave it to me when I look at them as I asked peeps to sign the front (so I wouldn't forget who :D )

As far as a trade thread, its a great idea and is currently happening on the Garage Journal.

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'm close to two-laning every state. I've got Alaska, Hawaii, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Oregon left. I've driven 3/4 of Canada, too, just not the west coast. I'd love to do the plate thing, eventually.

12. 1934coupe

1934coupe

A tag swap is great, no cost (I know you can buy plates here) just shipping> I traveled in my 36 Willys sedan one year put on 13,000 mi. in 6 weeks. The greatest vacation ever for my wife and I. I got some NY platesI'll trade for those Texas and S. Dakota. Have some Arizona also. Lets get trading. Pictures are Indy Raceway, Tulsa OK. and Yosemite NP.

Pat

Attached Files: