Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alex Gambino Gearhead interview- a must read for everyone!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Apr 24, 2009.

1. WOW I just got the latest Gearhead and was blown away by Alex's interview. I have never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I hope to after reading this. This man should be an inspiration to all of us. Everyone I know that has come in contact with him has nothing but great things to say, I can now see why. The world needs more guys like this. Rock on Alex!!!!!!

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Yes, Alex is definitely a great guy. Love the old pictures in the article.

3. speedmetal

speedmetal
    from houston

Is a link to the article

4. I'd like to read it, is there a link available?

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Way to go Alex

6. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

He may look imtimidating if you have never meet him, but he is one of the nicest guys out there...Loveoftiki..Look up scarlett fever & alex gambino...I bet you will shed a tear.

7. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Alex and Suzy Gambino are two of the finest people anyone should ever be so blessed to meet... I am proud to know them and be considered a friend.

Congrats Alex and God bless

8. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

cool thing ...Alex.....looks like this is your year......well deserved

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

10. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Alex and I spent many years in the Road Zombies together and it's been a pleasure getting to know him and have him work on my old gold coupe when i owned it. I learned alot from him and he has helped me on my way to enjoy this awesome hotroddin car scene, he's a brotha and always will be even though we are not club mates anymore:(
    Love you Alex and Suzie, congrat's on the interview in Gearhead, can't wait to read it!
    Blessings my friend,
    cab

11. geemann51

geemann51

I got to meet Alex for the first time at the Roundup, one down to earth, humble, bitchen' mo-fo..... it means the world to me that out of all the cars he and Bleed could have picked, they chose mine.

12. Von Franco

Von Franco

What you see is what you get when you meet Alex,he is the real deal and both him and
    his wife are great people.Im proud to call him my GUMBA for life.......................

13. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Had the pleasure of spending some time with Alex and Suzy at his year's Roundup. Gold.

14. Alex who?

;)

Congrats Alex.

15. cretin

cretin

Met Alex a couple times at different shows. Real nice guy, and talented. I was real surprised when a week or 2 after I first ordered parts from him, he called me just to see how my project was coming and if I had any questions. Awesome!! Met him for the first time at Viva a few years ago, and immedietly offed up beer and food. The world could use more Alex Gambino's. Thanks again Alex!

16. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

He truly is one of the nicest guys i've met! Always willing to help somebody and just so down to earth. And COOL AS FUCK!! SLICK! Can't wait to read it!
    Congrats Alex!!

Ian

17. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Alex is a nice guy and your car totally deserved it !!! LOVE THAT CAR !
    60'

18. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

You tell you're wives you read those dirty magazines for the articles.
    But i really know you're all about the revealing pictures.
    Alex Gambino as Miss March.
    Angel in the centerfold. :D

Bad ass, Al...

-scott noteboom

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

20. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

At our second Midnight Mass, Alex came up to my son Jay, and said he needed to talk to him straight faced. Jay was a little worried and wondered if he had said or did something wrong. All Alex wanted to know though was if there was anyway he could help out.

You've come a long way baby and worked hard for all the kudos.

Oh, and your PM box is full, can't send any PM's.

21. 00 MACK

00 MACK

When Joe the Gindo was painting a 52 Chevy the other night someone caklled and asked for him and I told them he was doin an Alex Gambino impersonation!

22. studhud

studhud

Gambino is kool ass f$%^, super talented,super nice guy and remains a very humble individual. What else can I say we need peolpe like him on this planet. Later Dave:D

23. oneshotkustoms

oneshotkustoms
    from joliet il

He is the nicest guy out there,,,,, way talented ,and humble as F**K ,,, we love ya Alex !!!!!!!! see ya soon to paint sum shit up !!!!!!!!!!

24. Can't wait to see it/read it...haven't received my copy yet

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

26. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Alex stayed at my house all week during the roundup, and I gotta say, he and Suzie are both just awesome! It was great having to wake him up for work in the morning and then running downstairs hoping he wouldnt throw something at me!:D Anyway, thanks for all the help at the shop last week dude, congrats on the Gearhead press, you deserve it! And trust me when I say that the megaphone is in goods hands. It will be waiting for you next year with fresh batteries!

27. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

hey thanxs for this post and thanxs every one for the kind words , life is what ya make it !
    any one wanting the new gear head can get them at our ebay store "sanjosespeedandchrome"
    heres the cover
    [​IMG]
    deadends juan took the pic
    [​IMG]
    gear head mike clavella wrote the story and did a graet job
    [​IMG]
    mikes one hell of a great guy

28. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Props Alex, you deserve it!!

29. Bob James

Bob James
    from San bruno

Alex has a heart of gold. He is Scarlett's godfather and a true friend and family member. Scarlett lights up everytime she sees him. We are all blessed to know him.

30. Alex, you deserve this man....keep it up, we'll always need you in this hobby:)

-marty