Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Airplane Ejection Seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidstuff, Feb 1, 2011.

1. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

get to work on your driveway oldfart

2. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

Well, You see, There is some flat black paint on it...So..............;)

3. 36tbird

36tbird

When I was flying Navy jets in south Texas, there was a story of a recently used seat that had been recovered and sitting in the seat shop of a squadron where a nit wit flicked off the ashes from his cigarette into the used rocket cylinder. They said the thing lit off and ricocheted around that maintenance space killing the smoker. So, the moral of the story is, smoking is bad for you.

4. Ya, I've heard similar accounts. All of the seats I've delt in over the years require dissarming before they can be removed from the aircraft. Once dissarmed they are rendered inert. I've picked up seats from many different airbase's and institutions and the only time I did question just how inert a seat was, was at Warner Robbins AFB. Among a few of ther seats I picked up, 2 Russian Mig-21 seats which at the time did not appear to be done correctly.

5. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

VT-? 21/22 Kingsville
    VT-24/25 Beeville or were you in T-2 s ?

I was in VT-24 Nas Chase field 78-81.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I met a guy at a swap meet who ejected while in Viet Nam. messed him up pretty good. got himself some permanant disability. they are not even safe when used properly. guess it is better than going down in a ball of fire though.

7. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

"Meet your maker in a Martin-Baker."

8. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

The value of that seat is equal to what some rat rodster will pay for it, and since they're a cheap bunch, not much!:D

9. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Then go the fuck away you ass clown.

10. No better "trade" saying

LOL, you have a point.

11. 36tbird

36tbird

We're getting big OT now. Frankie, was that the "gumfighters" squadron? Nah, I think he was 25. I got my wings from 24 in '74, got out in '81, came back into 25 as an instructor in '82.

49RF, I bet the guy you met stepped out with an Escapac that would let your legs dangle around at high speed. For that reason, Cut, I'd much rather have the MB leg restraints. Besides, when you walked around with those leg restraints on, they sounded like spurs which made you sound like a real gunfighter. And, of course, having some time in the F-8 and F-14, the only Navy fighters back then with guns, emulating an old time gunfighter was what it was all about.

12. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

don't forget....

Attached Files:

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

14. Roy Rods

Roy Rods

Ex f-106 jockey also A&P/I, as each aircraft is decommissioned this becomes a part of a process to remove all ballistics. Most are two stages, one for canopy and the other for seat; I cannot stress the importance of danger as some are extracted without following decommission 548-37, please request material safety data. Do not take any chances, your life and the lives of others could be dependant on your actions.

15. davidstuff

davidstuff

can you tell me does mil mean miltary thanks for the help

16. lino

lino

I just replied to your other thread. It doe's sound like a ACES ii (advanced concept ejection seat) these were designed by Douglas Aircraft back in the 70s. they were originally built in Long Beach Ca but production was moved to Titusville Fl before the entire project was purchased by AMI which is a division of Goodrich.
    That quite a chunk of technology you've got there. I believe that,with over 300 punch outs, they haven't had a failure.
    I've been making parts for those for years

17. If I were you, I would check his pics before diving deeper.

18. davidstuff

davidstuff

I did not mean for this post to be a problem i was just trying to get some info about this seat and i was trying to see if someone would be willing to buy it... I knew that all of you guys were very smart about stuff like this thanks for the help(be bessed today)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. I'm mad cause no1 likes my parasailing idea :(

20. flypa38

flypa38

You may be able to get some info on warbirdinformationexchange.org WIX hangar forum thing.......tons of knowledgeable members and really cool content too.

21. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

I'm not wearing any. In fact, I'm completely naked right now.