Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air-Ride on an Early-mid 50s Caddy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnJoyo, Mar 4, 2005.

1. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Has anyone done an air-ride system on an early-mid 50s Caddy? Anyone know of a company that does a system already designed for this application? I've got a 53 coupe that has been cut down 3" but is dying to go lower! THANKS!
    John

2. thekid54

thekid54

Have you checked out airride technologies?

3. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I have checked their website. It doesn't look like they do a specific kit for a 53 caddy...they do for 55-57 chevrolets. I'm trying to find a "bolt in" already designed, tested, etc system so I don't have to get into a bunch of custom undercarriage fabrication that may end up being trial & error. So far it looks like that is the route I'll have to take though. Hoping someone out there has already done the trial and error so I can learn from their mistakes or successes.
    My goal is a smooth "Cadillac" ride that can go LOW
    THANKS!
    John

4. 53choptop

53choptop

Try webrodder.com they have an article where they do a 57 caddy airbag install, that website has some some good articles. A direct bolt in kit for 53 may not exsist, you may have to fab a majority of the parts.

5. Hyfire

Hyfire

You might want to call Airride Tech, I know they made a setup for a '53 Cadillac High $$$ show car a while back. It may have been a one-off, but maybe it wasnt....

6. HoldFast

HoldFast

please let me know what you find out..

I have a 53 4 door.

7. barefoot

barefoot

I just did my 59 caddy. They say it is a bolt on kit, nothing is a bolt on kit. I had to send back the shock waves that
    Air Ride Tech. sent me and go for the larger bags which meant major surgery to the car. Well worth all of the work, because it sits right. you can do a custom application which is what most have to do any way. Give a call to the company and or a shop that does air suspensions and get some ideas how to set up the front end, the rear will be easy. I will ask a friend who gave me a lot of help doing mine.

Brad

8. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Thanks for the comments so far. I'll keep you posted on what I find out and certainly what I end up going with. My Cadillac is next inline with "Mercury Charlie", we're going to finish her up after the Lonestar Round Up weekend. If anyone has anymore info or advice, LAY IT ON ME!
    Thanks!
    John