Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air Cleaner for Holley Tea Pot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dieselsmoke, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Dieselsmoke

Dieselsmoke

Does anyone have any idea where to find an air cleaner for a Holley 4000 carburetor, also known as a Holley tea pot or a Holley fire starter? I called Summit Racing and they have never heard of such an animal as a tea pot. I don't care if it is correct for any particular vehicle. I just want an air cleaner.

2. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

If it's the same as the ones Ford used on some mid 50's Fords / Mercs,.... (aka the "Holley haystack") try looking up the guys who restore those cars.

4TTRUK

3. kscarguy

kscarguy

Try Dearborn Ford. They sell on ePay. You can also call Baxter Ford in Lawrence KS. Old speed shop who work on lots of flatheads.

4. Ole don

Ole don

Check over on the Ford Barn in the wanted section.

5. Thunderroad312

Thunderroad312

The teapot is the standard 5 1/8 opening as the newer Holley and Autolite carbs. The issue is the height, which can be addressed by judicious us of spacers or tall/stacked filter elements. So really just about anything will work.

6. Dieselsmoke

Dieselsmoke

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been making things work for over 55 years. I will fix some kind of spacer. Thanks again.