Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Air bags on a 58 Chevy Biscayne

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul Vandervort, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Paul Vandervort

Paul Vandervort
    from Richmond

I just bought my 58 Biscayne two weeks ago and it needs air bags bad! it's lowered static about 4 to 3 inches off the ground, looks good but it bottoms out hard on bumps on the freeway. It still has the original ac delco shocks (Last time I tried to replace the shocks on a lowered car it raised it back up to almost stock..) ! So I found this bolt on air bag kit that looks pretty easy to install.
    http://www.ezairride.com/1958-1964-Chevy-Impala-Classic-EZ-Air-Ride-Suspension-Kit_p_56.html
    the billet control gauge cluster is pretty lame looking but I'd hide that junk. Any other suggestions on easy to install bolt on style air bag kits?

Thanks for any help!

paul

2. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

Im a big fan of air assited but that kit seems pretty legit. If running manual valves id consider looking into the little larrys fourplay. They work great and can be fast if you want. They fit prefect in your ashtray as if its oem.

3. bigpokie

bigpokie

If it was me I would see if I could switch the airlift doms for some slam specialties. Terr is alot more happier users with slams. And switch the manual valves for electric. That way you have have a small remote or just switches