Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air Bag Install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colombo, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Colombo

Colombo

Looking at installing an airbag system or hydro system in my 54 Ford Customline. Was wondering how much it would cost to have done in a shop? With price of parts included and does anyone know a place around Austin, TX that will do it. I looked at prices and found that I can install hydro's in my car for around 1,800.00 and that is parts and labor and maybe a case of beer.

Thanks

2. ryno

ryno

1800 installed is cheap.
    a good hydro set up is about 1300-1500 parts only, not including batteries.
    air bag stuff, really depends on how many comps and tanks you run, along with what size lines. 1/2" stuff is about double what 3/8" will cost. but a basic system will run you about 1200-1500 in air.

labor depends on what your after. link set up, notch, etc etc

3. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

A buddy of mine gets about $2500-3000 for a basic bag installation, quality parts & labor. Of course, some are shocked that they will only get about a 3-4 inch drop without "C" notching and a new shaft tunnel.

4. 53choptop

53choptop

There are a few shops in East Austin, where the lowrider guys get their hydros installed at. Let get a few names and numbers together. What part of Austin do you live at? Have you been to Chicano Park on Sunday afternoons? Anyhow, that's where the hydro guys usually hang out. Rey

5. BISHOP

BISHOP

Ive always wanted something with hydros on it. Sounds like a damn good deal if the quality is there.

6. Colombo

Colombo

Hey Rey
    I am able to get some hydro parts from old friends real cheep. I live in south Austin so if you can get me a contact at a shop that will do the install that would be great.

No matter which way I go the tunnel will need to be cut and rear will need C-notch.
    just up and down action nice and slow. I just don't want all that bouncy bouncy action from hydro's.

7. Im putting air ride on the back or my roadster. 2 bags, mounting brackets, valves, compressor, lines, and a bunch of fittings. of course Im installing it myself so no labor. but I have a total of about $400 in it all. you can buy stuff cheaper if you shop around.

8. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

A single Viair 480, 5 gallon tank and a couple pairs of Slam bags will do the trick

9. heres a link to some cheap valves on ebay. seach "electric solenoid valve" rather than air ride valves thay are the same thing just a lot cheaper. pay $10 each instead of $40 each
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Sol...item19c931c76f
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

10. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Lots of fab work there... are you leaving the leaf springs?

You'll need accumulators for a smooth ride too

11. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

you get what you pay for

12. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

weve got yer notch