Register now to get rid of these ads!

Adventures In Buffing Down Paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elvisaurusrex, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

I'm sick of looking at my car and seeing six different colors, so I decided to start experimenting to see what would get some of the pink off. I was having some degree of success sanding down all the oxidized paint my car with a fine grit and lots of WD-40, under all of the white and pink paint are several layers of nice red enamel. Is there any ancient HAMB wisdom that can tell me how to get some of the paint buffed down? The picture of the rusted out B Pillar is how most of the car looks, and the other one is after WD and sandpaper.

Attached Files:

2. Spity

Spity

Ive burned through some paint jobs with a buffer, but its not my prefered method of removal. Get out the DA.

3. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I wouldn't use WD40 if you want to over paint it :eek:

4. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

Yeah DONT use Wd-40 if youre painting on it. youre gonna have one hell of a time getting the paint to lay down correctly. Any oil based shit like that needs to be completely removed, and its not fun in doing so. Thats gonna be a lot of acetone to get that decontaminated