Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Adjustable valve lifters

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kimfmx, Jul 6, 2017.

1. kimfmx

kimfmx

Anyone who can recommend a supplier of adjustable vakve lifters for the flathead v8. Have heard some going loose while running, which i would like to avoid.

/kim

Sent from my SM-G850F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a thread on the "Ford Barn" about this. It seems the the company that made the original "Hylift Johnson's" is still around and producing lifters. There's a guy over there that builds lot of high-end engines (including flatheads), and he uses them by the "tray". If you're a member over there, look around and I'm sure you can find the thread. If not, get back to me here. BTW, these days I think they only make the solid body lifter and not the hollow ones. Unless you are an "all out" racer, that shouldn't be a problem for you.

3. 2935ford

2935ford

Might try H&H flatheads.
    Red's Headers use to supply a good set.

4. kimfmx

kimfmx

Ok. Thanks. Im not a member. And not into performance engines. But there is alot on ebay, but its russian roulette.

Sent from my SM-G850F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Gary goes by GOSFAST on the Ford Barn. I'm pretty sure that he sells what you are after.

6. kimfmx

kimfmx

7. Reds headers have the good ones. Or buy Johnson's from the same company that's made them from the beginning.

8. fullhouse296

fullhouse296
    from Australia

Or . . . weld the tops of the lifters with "Stellite" and make a jig up ,to slice a little off at a time .will get you as close as needed ,with the added bonus of no valve bouncing. old skool.

9. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"BURN OUT BOB" has the best advice. GOSFAST (who I was referring to in my earlier post) really knows his stuff and has been very helpful to me in the past.

10. kimfmx

kimfmx