Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Acrylic Lacquer Paint in AZ

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Sweet & Low, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

Can you guy's in AZ still buy Acrylic Lacquer Paint and thinner? Flat impossible to get in this craze So Cal state I live in.
    I need to do some paint repair on a project that was painted with lacquer so I might be in a jam.

2. Look up auto pro paints. In ny. Lacquer is still legal in lots of states. As long as you are painting a guitar or a boat. You can also buy quarts at your local auto zone or Napa or you get the point.

greenie-reddy likes this.
  3. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

tcp global sells it ,they are in california

4. flatford39

flatford39

Ditto...TCP Global. They are in California and is reasonably priced.

5. TCP won't sell lacquer inside California. A warning comes up when you select what you want that if you use California address your order will be cancelled.

6. Eastwood too, they’ll ship it to anywhere but California...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. If you have a friend in another state, shop it to him, then have him rewrap and send it back to you in California

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've painted a lot of "office furniture" in HD black in California. You just can't trip yourself up when talking to them. My avitar is one of them.

9. Try getting acrylic lacquer or enamel in Kalifornia and you are looking at prison time!!!!!!

10. pitman

pitman

Was gonna say there Jimmy, great looking desk!

11. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

I can get it in Jackson,CA, about an hour southeast of Sacramento. Go up to a paint jobber in the hills. They are national rule still.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  12. VonWegener

VonWegener

Dupli Color Kandy lacquer in quart cans at Pep Boys here in the High Desert. Colors are good but the product is thin.

13. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

This is funny, couldn't get it through Our normal dealer in MN, where you can spray it. But could get it from Cali where you cannot.

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

I buy paint from TCP frequently, one of there headquarter is located here in San Diego. I too have seen there web site where they offer lacquer but they will NOT sell it to you if you live out West and not over a quart at a time to other locations. I have called Kustom Paint shops in Utah, Ohio, Kansas, and Missouri where I have friends or relatives living and they can't get it there either. Even the paint store in NY said they could get it but would not ship the paint or the lacquer thinner through the mail to anyone out west.
    The folks at TCP have been great to work with and mixed me up a quart of single stage urethane enamel with a little hardener (8 to 1 mix) and told me to dust it on the repaired wider that I needed and thought I would be happy with the results. I know from the old days you couldn't spray enamel over lacquer but you couldn't spray lacquer over enamel. I hope there right, as it looks like old lacquer as we have known it is a the past is now history.

15. A Boner

A Boner

What's the problem? Are they afraid it will cause a big earthquake, and California will fall of into the ocean?

Fordor Ron likes this.