Register now to get rid of these ads!

accidentally bought half a 41 Willys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flying53gmc, Nov 21, 2013.

1. abone1930

abone1930

2. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yup! No question....hey a really cool project would be a town and country convertible...Jim

3. willyscoupe

willyscoupe

Ya , I'd abandon another project and move on the Woody if I could . That's a car that even as a Hot Rod has huge value . If you build it to a driving point and then ebay the car it will be like winning the lotto , then you can finish your other cars . The price on these in museum quality has been set at about $250,000 . A quality wood kit should be about $35,000 so if you add your initial purchase plus another chassis and some rear fenders by Lee then I'd bet you'd have an unfinished car with a value easily in excess of $100,000 . That of course can only be realized if there is a buyer out there for it . With evilbay by your side the world market does become a little more local though .
    Don't listen to the guys saying use it to build a Coupe lol you can always find a doner car for that , don't use use a car that's 1 of 5 !

Great find !

4. robbybee

robbybee
    from TUSTIN, C

abso-bloomin-lootley!

5. MJ mike

MJ mike

woody has my vote

Attached Files:

6. woodywilly

woodywilly
    from Orillia

Hey MJ. Did you draw that picture? I bought the print at Barrie years ago and always wondered who did it. I nearly painted our car that color but it was getting popular

7. woodywilly

woodywilly
    from Orillia

I also started with half a willys

Attached Files:

8. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Nice

9. MJ mike

MJ mike

Hi woodywilly. Yes I did the artwork.
    I remember selling it to you at Barrie. I saw the car when you we're finished at Waterdown one time and it looked great.

10. willyscoupe

willyscoupe

I am thinking of building my 41 Woody as a 2dr Sedan Delivery type car for my Cabinet Business . I still say keep it but I guess if you're not really into then test the market via eBay and someone who really wants it can buy it and do it .

If you are interested in seeing mine I am making a Woody folder in my profile right now .

11. I started with a 1/3rd of a 37 once...was a willys sedan cowl/doors and a off-brand pickup back cab section on a gennie 37 frame. I'd have loved to found a gennie front half.
    I sold my part to Luke from Minnesota and never heard about it again.

12. The guy I sold my '37 to also bought the back half of a '50-ish Plymouth Suburban that had been turned into a trailer years ago. Had some crazy idea to mate them. So there may be the ass-half of a '37 body shell somewhere around Buffalo, NY, that could be had. Then all you need is a pair of doors and the front half of the roof - or just doors and make a roadster/convertible.

13. flamin01a

flamin01a

The engine is the same as a M38 jeep. Check for cracks.

14. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I accidentally bought a 52 Cadillac one time--it happens. Worse fates out there. Good grab!