Register now to get rid of these ads!

about damn time (dads 60 f100) 7/8 kicked out and moving itself

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 69f100, Jun 26, 2012.

1. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

it was one of those little things in the end which we knew it was going to be. replaced the intake/exhaust gaskets and cleaned up the intake while I was at it. Cleaned, glued, Tourqued, and sealed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    with everything all back together and the new linkage piece made it was time
    [​IMG]
    started up ildling to high still, timing adjustment, still to high, timing adjustment, better, little more, perfect.
    no backfiring
    no high idle
    fires right up with a hair of choke, but nothing like before
    exhaust is clean and not black
    not over heating
    its great!
    but once it runs solid, you know there is one thing youre going to want do: drive.
    dad wasnt home so it was perfect time to do the brake cylinders "they work great!" coming from someone who also "couldnt believe how much gunks, chunks, and water" was in the brakes. so once all the cylinders were changed, which was easy because the brakes were nearly brand new but still rusty, and then while trying to bleed all the crap out of the lines the inevitable happened. . .the line burst. better on the street side than on the street. we have the new lines sitting in the truck waiting to be put on, but because of the condition of the fittings Im not going to snap the hard line to get the new rubber on. And to top that alllllll off, the rear most freeze plug gave out and rusty water is leaking through. cant say i didnt see it coming, the radiator water is always rusty and low, and the block was heavily corroded when i had the water pump off, so that will be the next thing along with a new head gasket just for the giggles.

So once the lines are in , freeze plugs replaced, I'll get an actual driving video of it *gasp* going down the road and stopping. my dad is getting pretty excited but finally realizing that this truck has a little more to it and that its going to be a while.

2. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

i appologize for the bad pictures

3. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

nothing really, just been busting ass to graduate and got a job. im rebuilding the head on another six cylinder to practice so i can rebuild the one in this truck. still doesnt run quite right. disappointing seeing it sit out back

4. Ah bummer man. I hear ya on the school stuff!

5. Rob68

Rob68

You've done way more with your truck than I have with mine. Mine is also sitting, just cant seem to get the carb dialed in. Keep us posted.
    Rob68

6. The Rocketeer

The Rocketeer

Great truck ! How much clearance do you have between the rear axle and the frame bump stops ?
    Mine is lowered too, but it sits literally on these rubber stops...

7. Good job,the truck looks great! HRP