Register now to get rid of these ads!

? about a 1957 lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40sketter, Oct 28, 2012.

1. 40sketter

40sketter

Here it is. Is it a permiere or a permiere landau, how do u tell. The car has the power windows and wing windows, power seats/locks, auto chassis greaser and from pix on the web they look the same. I purchased the car back in feb of this year, did new brakes, lines fuel tank and lines lets put it this way the running gear is 2nd to none spent the coins to make it safe and drive it everyday i can. I dont plan on painting it or fixing the inside. I drove it to austin in april, dallas in sept, next is denton and drive it when i wanna relax and cruise. I put on 3.25 inch wide whites polyester tires with black wheels, it has a solid 390 with auto tranny at 83mph it prrrrs like a kitten. For christmas im giving swap meet sally air ride with a Z-link rear suspension, custom lake pipes tucked up where the rockers go(the 2nd owner cut em out) Atlas speed shop in denison tx will be handling the conversion for me

2. gatz

gatz

A "Landau" is a 4-dr hardtop.

sounds like a nice car; post some pictures.......

3. 40sketter

40sketter

yup its a 4 dr ill get some in the morning and get em loaded and thanks i enjoyed working on it with my dad prolly the best part about bonding with pops and not fighting like we did when we had dirt racecars

4. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

Landau is Lincolnspeak for a 4 door hardtop, that's all

This sounds like it'll be a killer ride.

Slam this puppy and find sone 1957-58 Ford or Mercury original steel, (not the ugly ass fiberglass reproduction) cruiser skirts.
    The originals fit perfectly, look like they were made for the car, and clean up those ugly open rear wheel wells.
    The fiberglass stuff is the wrong shape and bulges out too far.
    I had a 57 Premiere ragtop long ago, and those skirts made it a totally different car!

Anything I can doto help, or offer advise, let me know. I ain't far away!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

5. kennkat

kennkat

? about a '57 Lincoln??? Oh Hell Yes, It's a '57 Lincoln!!!

6. 40sketter

40sketter

hey y-blokkah are u going to pistons and paint ill be there in it and skirts are the best on a car or a woman