Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A - V8 Weld-In Kit - Who Makes One?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by missysdad1, Jan 5, 2021.

1. missysdad1

missysdad1

I am looking for a source for a kit or components to build an A - V8 from a stock '29 roadster. Can anybody point me in a good direction?

2. missysdad1

missysdad1

3. missysdad1

missysdad1

4. missysdad1 likes this.
  5. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

missysdad1 likes this.
  6. A second here for Dave Havlir. He makes great products and is a good guy to boot. He should everything you need.

Texas Webb and missysdad1 like this.
  7. 2935ford

2935ford

So, I take it you would be looking for motor mounts, trans mount, if not stock A rear end spring hangers, shock mounts, etc, yes?
    Not sure there is a package available but you certainly can source from various vendors. Millworks has the motor mounts. They are in Mass.

missysdad1 likes this.
  8. missysdad1

missysdad1

Yes, a complete package is what I am looking for. There are so many A V8's being built that somebody must have jumped on that market potential by now.

9. 2935ford

2935ford

Ya, sorry, I am not aware of any kits being sold.

10. Call Dave Havlir he has and can fab what you may need .As said good guy.

11. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

A number of years back I made a few kits and was a 100% bolt in no harm kit. I had one interested customer that asked about my liability if he installed the kit wrong??? I told him I was sold out and never made another one. I wonder if this is the reason such good products from quality vendors stop making certain things.
    You can source vintage parts such as a F1 or f100 center crossmember and use there brake clutch pedals and its transmission mount. You will have to trim the crossmember to fit you Model A frame . As with most kits you have to grind and gently modify parts same with using original parts as the original early hotrodders.
    Plenty of original 1932 ford K members for sale and about the same cost of a reproduction. I have a article from 1954 hotrod doing a AV8 roadster and was also it was great to see a republished version by the Rodders Journal years ago.

rusty valley likes this.