Register now to get rid of these ads!

a story about losing my first hot rod and finding it once again..happy ending include

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56don, Sep 23, 2012.

1. 64 a/fx

64 a/fx

great story, almost the same as mine but the 40 was gone longer, 1980 to 2012. I know the feeling and there is none like it.

alan

2. The car is looking up at you with a glint in it's headlights!

3. Yes, I got it yesterday. Sorry, I forgot to let you know....I was too busy sitting out in the car going vroom..vroom....
    I also found a paint shop here in town that says they can find a good paint match with their spectrum analyzer so that I can get that hood painted. One step at a time this go around, not going to do it all at once and get distracted....I hope.

kidcampbell71 and dana barlow like this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a great story all around. Great to see that not only one but two cars made it back to their home garages after escaping years earlier.

5. The Engineer

The Engineer

What an excellent story and lovely 32, thanks for sharing
    Jeremy

6. chargin03

chargin03

Glad you got it back !

7. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Fast forward 4 years, what's it look like now?

8. Not much different. I am collecting parts to do a make over. I have been working on a 34 truck I want to finish first before I dive into the rebuild.

June62015(5).JPG

David Gersic, Dave Mc, clem and 2 others like this.
  9. Roadsir

Roadsir

Looks good enough as is. Keep up posted on the progress!

clem and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. clem

clem

Another 4 plus years gone by, - any updates ?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Well......

So, to answer the question, no , not really anything noticeable. Still looks the same outwardly. Just some hidden changes that make it more reliable. I sold one of my cars taking up space last month so now I have space in the garage to work on it. I have most of the parts I wanted to use on it, still looking for a good driver side steel front fender. Then hopefully I will get off my lazy ass and build it the way I wanted to from the beginning. But the older I get, the more excuses I have for putting stuff off. I never was like this in my younger years..:(
    But hey, I got the rest of my life....I am in no hurry.

clem, 26 T Ford RPU and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. clem

clem

I know what you mean ......

56don likes this.
  13. Mart

Mart

Every journey starts with a single step.
    Problem is that single step involves getting off your backside.
    My advice, which you didn't ask for, is just start doing it anyway. That better driver's side fender could take years to find. Start on something else and by the time you need the fender you might have found one.
    All the best.
    Mart.

56don and Blue One like this.
  14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Just a gentle reminder that as you get even older it’s not going to get easier.
    As far as time goes that hour glass will run out too.

That’s the gentle part, now get off your ass and get the lead out of it :D
    If I had a 32 5 window I’d have to sleep in the garage and when I woke up I could work on it till I fell asleep again :D

56don likes this.
  15. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

So, you've had it back 8 years now. Hope you've been driving and enjoying it.

My also unsolicited advice: If you got it originally back in '75 you must be at least as old as me (64) if not older. After 8 years without doing anything, I would not tear the car apart. I don't know what it looks like underneath but on the surface it looks pretty good. Just keep driving and enjoying it as is. Make little changes here and there to your liking but I just think if you tear it apart now I'm afraid it will sit like that for some time. I'd hate to see you repeat what happened way back when.
    Such a great story that not many of us get to experience, getting your old car back.

Blue One and 56don like this.