Register now to get rid of these ads!

a split rear window for 49 packard?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bubblesbacon, Jan 9, 2014.

1. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

attached is a before and after photoshopped concept that I have been thinking about doing on my 49 packard, the pics is not mine but shows what mine could be like. any thoughts? :D

Attached Files:

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

3. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

and the reason why for the NO??

4. Probably because it is pointless. The car doesn't look any different with the two piece. It's just change for the sake of change. It adds nothing to the overall look of the car

5. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

okay, thats one way to look at, but I think it does change the looks.. maybe if I could just do a better photoshopping so to speak, it might look better. I kinda like it..

6. williebill

williebill

I know you're experimenting, and thinking, but I'm wondering what the end result will be? Full custom, radical, or mild?
    I'd rather see the quads on your other post than a split, square rear window.
    And if you do the quads, use smaller lights, as others said, and then cant them. Heads will explode.

7. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

not sure where my plans fit in, some where between mild and full custom, nothing radical except that maybe the big block olds with dual four barrels might be considered radical.. but not doing any chop or such, stock frame, maybe upgraded suspension and brakes.

thanks for the comments, they all help..

8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

You asked for any thoughts and I repeat NO because it does nothing for the overall look.. But that's just my thoughts...

9. junkman8888

junkman8888

Greetings! You are grabbing at straws. Unless you have a clear vision of what you want to do with the car the best thing you can do is leave it alone, or hire a professional to come up with a build plan. On that note, you may want to check out the '46 Packard done by Doug Tompson.

10. Before I read the replies to your question I thought "This does nothing to improve the look of this Packard" I stand by my first impression.
    However, if you like it better with the split window, do it.

11. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

You could always try a wraparound.:D

12. 'Mo

'Mo

13. I've got a '40 Ford Sedan shell in the classifieds. It has a cool split rear window.....

14. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

My question is why ? Don't make a change just to change something. 'MO's sedan has a lot of custom work done and the split window is part of the ridge on the roof.

15. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

not grabbing at straws, I do have a vision and the split window and four headlights are part of that, just looking at options and always like to get other opinions, whether good or bad, because while sometimes we see straight at other times our vision isn't so good... so thanks for your comments. I do enjoy hearing from others. I see people here that chop cars that I personally think should never get that done, but I do agree that it is their car and if they like it so be it, still doesn't mean that they don't like to hear opinions.....

16. Just my opinion. Much like my stude, your Packard is not what I would call attractive. I would either leave it pretty much stock, as it has a funky coolness to it. Or More likely do a full or radical custom. Anything in between looks busy and cluttered.