Register now to get rid of these ads!

a simple request of simple teaching (welding and metal shaping)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskoolflyer13, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Sorry the Photos did not show up. I think I have managed to insert them.

Here is the photo of the gas welding (again), This actual weld was done by my employee James, I taught him this technique.

[​IMG]

As I decribed above little distortion is caused because the HAZ is even and narrow. This is the quickest and in my opinion the best method of joining panels.

David

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Here is a link for hammers in the US. Dagar tools do flippers (slappers).

David

3. Hands on.... NASCAR teams will start you at the bottom, cleaning. Even if you have some experiance. You have to earn their trust before they will let you "cut" into a car or truck.....Find a local welding shop that is willing to take you on as an apprentice. Or one that will let you work, weld and fab on things just to let him show you how to do it right. I was taught by a certified welder on old cars at night. The cars were used in demo derbys.
    The sheet metal work was taught to me by a master metal man every Sat morning for 2 years. His motto was that "Bondo is for filling pits in metal not dents"

NASCAR member since 1976
    ASE Master Tech since 1979

4. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

This is a picard hollowing hammer, these are superb for moving metal fast, (forget those plastic mallets) I am using one of these on my youtube footage.

David
    [​IMG]