Register now to get rid of these ads!

History A Shitload Of Thirty-Twos

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

A Shitload Of Thirty-Twos

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

If there is a modern equivalent, it's about '69 Camaros or LS-powered vehicles.

If I ever get to decide, we'll do an all-'32 issue.

Darryl Deir, LOU WELLS and Ryan like this.
  3. I always thought that about The Rodders Journal in the early years.....

Ryan likes this.
  4. @Ryan You mean a "shilo" of '32's.
    Or have you given up on that?

LOU WELLS and Ryan like this.

5. I'll take the Frank Chester '32 for the win .... and let's see Vanna White's tits again, Pat.

Joez, King ford, brad2v and 4 others like this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Damnit! Another missed opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Special Ed and Sancho like this.
  7. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

It's great that several of these still exist!

I also love the "As seen by" spread. That certainly predates the current trend floating around the internet these days.

3blapcam likes this.
  8. I'll always want one...

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

November 1957 R&C. First car magazine I ever had. I was 12 years old and laying in the hospital with pneumonia and my dad brought me the book for something to read. I poured over that book over and over for years and it still hangs in my hot rod garage on the wall in a plastic storage bag. It started my love affair with the deuce which resulted in my building over 30 deuces to date. ( I currently have 6) Just before my father died in 88 I reminded him of that book and that it had cost me a lot of money but gave me a lot of satisfaction thru cars. I forgot to add that book probably shaped my life in the 70's and directed me into the Hot Rod business world which continues to date. Plus the nice people all over the world I've met thru the Deuce

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

That many 32’s in one issue and I’d take any one of them! Wow, lots of different build and body styles featured and they all look pretty great!

11. I bought my first Deuce when I was 12 years old and I have had the pleasure of owning 10 of them in various body styles, they have come & gone but I hang on to my old beater.

The photo's you posted are proof positive that the Deuce has a strong following and these are some of the best examples of how to build a hot rod.

Thank you Ryan, I for one enjoyed seeing these '32s from the past. HRP

12. You know that Neal East was in many of them. Seems he always had some sort of 32.
    Neal East 2 001.jpg

13. silverdome

silverdome

X2

14. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now THAT’S traditional!!!

15. Some call them "belly button" cars, some may complain about another '32 story, but like it or not, the '32 (Ford of course) is thee most imitated, most sought after, most quintessential statement of the purest form of Hot Rod ever, bar none! :cool:

Thanks Ryan for another '32 story!

16. alchemy

alchemy

My first car was a '40 Ford at age 15, but I "upgraded" to a '32 in my early 20's. It was a major project (and still is), I didn't actually have a '32 to drive until a decade ago. Can't see myself ever being without one now though.

17. 97

I dunno, If Henry thought they were any good , surely he would have kept making them beyond one year? :rolleyes: Seems to me he was happy to get rid of them , and carry on to build those swoopy modern Model 40s!

18. If Henry would have had his way, we'd all still be driving Model T's! :eek::D
    Thank God for Edsel!

19. Have had a few.:cool: Still have two.:cool::cool:
    32-5window_0007.jpg 1932 Sedan.JPG 003.JPG IMG_8183.JPG KENT2015 005.JPG SC20.jpg

20. you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one.......

21. There are a lot of hambers that own '32 Fords and many more that don't care for them but they are desirable cars, there are many company's making fiberglass reproduction Deuces and a few different company's making steel body's.

The '32 Ford has long held the title of the quintessential Hot Rod.HRP

22. o_O

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  23. You Talking To Me?
    [​IMG]

Baumi, 32owner, Bowtie Coupe and 7 others like this.
  24. You guys in Connecticut are strange, why would you be even think about swinging a dead cat? HRP

25. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Most issues of R&C (up to the time the title went to hell in a handbasket) will please a '32 person, but this '57 issue and the First Big Issue are the stars.
    I have several of each because I have trouble not grabbing them...the extras give me some of the thrill of my first encounter!
    The First Big Issue was a turning point in my life, totally derailing my passage to normal adulthood.

26. i reckon y'all have your own strange saying down yonder?

27. Probably because a dead cow weighs too much.

Mick

28. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

What month and year was the first big R&C?

29. Down South they use a live cat or live anything for that matter!:eek::p TB where did that dead cat come from.:confused:

30. New Issue of Hot Rod Deluxe is a 32 Ford Special issue.:cool:

[​IMG]