Register now to get rid of these ads!

A sad day for the Lifters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Sorry to hear this, I never met Mikey but its always worse when a good guy dies so young.

2. FONZI

FONZI

Sorry for your loss. Godspeed.

Fonzi

3. seatex

seatex

My condolences, sounds like he lived well beyond his short life. Godspeed, Mikey!

4. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

that really sucks, i got the tour just before christmas or thanksgiving. What a nice guy. really sorry to hear this.

5. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Migue sorry to here this mikey rest in peace

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

So sorry to hear that man. I have a friend with that disease and it has been easy on him his whole life. You guys are in my thoughts.

7. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

bummer miguel, we'll see you at the big 3

R.I.P.

8. brady1929

brady1929

too young to go. rip and god bless.

9. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

Great words Miguel, I could not have said it so well. Godspeed to my pal Mikey..

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Damn .. That is waaayyy to young! Prayers for his family.

11. pumpman

pumpman

Very sad, way too young but his spirit lives on with you guys. Take each day and grab it no matter how shitty it is. May he rest in peace and his family find peace.

12. heywacha

heywacha
    from Orange, CA

Very sorry for your loss...

13. Ricks57

Ricks57
    from San Diego

So sad, Rest In Peace Mikey.
    Rick

14. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I am not good at posting pictures, maybe Justin B or Badfella can post some pictures of Mickey and all the fun places we went with him, He loved El Mirrage, every time he went he woud'ent wash his hot rod for a week, he wanted to show off the white dust on his car, he was very proud that he got to go. Maybe Bob from the Aces has a picture of Mickey at the Aces Poker Run, that was the last run Mickey got to go on. all he did was talk aboat it for weeks. Special thanks to Rogue for showing up yesterday, he was one of Mickey's favorite persons.

15. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

a couple

Attached Files:

16. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

Our thoughts are with his family and the rest of the lifters- sad news.

17. sp1ke

sp1ke

Sorry to hear that may GOD bless---sp1ke

18. mason-d

mason-d
    from san diego

so bummed. Mikey you will truly be missed by all. God bless you, your family and friends. Thanks for always being so welcoming and willing to share your knowledge.

19. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sad to hear. Way too young. RIP.

20. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

21. Badfella

Badfella

Like Miguel said, nearly our entire club was literally at the bedside until his last breath. It was extremely painful for all of us yet brought us all together like we've never been before. I guess that was his parting gift to all of us. Despite me being 6 years his senior he taught me everything I know about early Fords and we built 2 cars together. I still can't believe he's gone...

Attached Files:

22. So sad...RIP

23. I sent Justin all the pic's I had from the ACES Run. Maybe he'll post them. If not...i'll post them when I get home.

24. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Was a true friend and will be greatly missed by everyone RIP

25. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

Mikey was always a nice guy to see and talk with, too bad...

26. Justin B

Justin B

mikey was one of my best friends for years and will be forever. his last hours were one of the saddest times ever but also real inspirational as about 30 or so hot rod guys and gals plus his family were there to see him off. in a world of people who bitch and complain about everything (i'm guilty too) mikey never said a bad word or complained about anything, except miguel and that was joking..... mostly. i went on some great road trips over the years, as long as it wasn't a girlfriend day mikey would go anywhere at the drop of a hat, call him out of the blue and say let's go to arizona or bakersfield or where ever to look at some sheetmetal or parts and he'd just say i'll be ready when you get here. about girlfriend day, when ever cindy had a day off mikey would be with her every minute he could traveling all over s.d. county in his 34 will his true love by his side. mikey knew his old fords better than most guys in the industry twice his age and was always willing to help out.
    as miguel said mikey's house was the hub of traditional hot rod activity in san diego, the early ranch runs ended there and it was just the meeting place, even if mikey wasn't around we'd still meet up at his place. rudy, mike's dad put up with our shit for years, bitching at us or our piece o crap cars for leaking on his lawn but always doing it with a smile, that's a tradition i hope goes on.

R.I.P. MIKEY

here's a couple of pics that bob sent me of mikey's 34 on the aces run a few months back plus one of his old beater sports coupe, my old computer craped out and i'm still trying to recover some of my old lost pictures, i'll get some of mike's other cars posted up once i do.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  27. seldom scene

seldom scene

Mikey was one of the true genuine hotrodders. He loved old Fords and flat motors with a true passion. He connected generations with his friendship and kindness. It is not enough to say he will be missed, there will never be another like him. Rest In Peace, Mikey and know that you are loved by many who were lucky to have you for a friend.

28. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

29. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

We will miss you brother...........Mikey never complained about his illness or let anyone know it affected him. He spent hours helping build my coupe and stayed up late to travel to El Mirage and Via Las Vegas.

He was truely a warrior and an inspiration for all of us.

This has been a very difficult time for the Lifters, but it has brought us together. I have learned that you cannot take life or your health for granted.

God Speed my friend, we will see you again someday!

I will see you guys on Friday at the Celebration of Mikey's life.

Tex

Attached Files:

30. Badfella

Badfella

Anyone that wishes to make a donation to the family can send it to:

Rudi Van Zetten
    6161 El Cajon Blvd.
    B142
    San Diego, CA. 92115