Register now to get rid of these ads!

A question for Alliance members...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 3, 2007.

1. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Ryan,

If you're going to SEMA, that would be a good time to pursue this, since all the Miller marketing and sales folks will be there. My experience is that you can get a lot more done in person in a short period of time as compared to exchanging e-mail and playing phone tag.

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have a Miller welder and I would not give it up for anything, so I hope their other products aka "TIG" is just as good and I will buy one.

3. Rusty

Rusty

I need a bigger better plasma at this time in the shop. Any discount is better than anything. I do notice here locally about a 100-200 difference between welding supply houses in the same items. they cant compete with teach other because of qauntity being sold. Anyhow a tax break would help too This is exciting news none the less

Rusty

4. Zoo York

Zoo York
    from Zoo York

I would like a discount better then SEMA special pricing.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

None... they haven't gotten back to me. I'll email this week...

6. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

Bummer! I am primed to buy one and I sure could use a discount as a motivator.

7. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

It always comes down to money. As a hobbiest it would be great to have something like this but it is hard to justify if the price is high.

But it is on my wish list.

8. The_Monster

The_Monster

Welcome Frank! (Do you have a hotrod by chance?)

Guys, check this out:

(Quote from Frank)
    "That being the case, if our 30 Amp machine (designed exclusively for Street Rod applications) has a street price of around $1,200, what kind of discount are we talkin' here to motivate you? $50? $100? $200?"

(Quote from Cyberweld.com)

http://store.cyberweld.com/milplascut.html

Miller Plasma Cutter - Spectrum 375 X-TREME

Mfg Industrial Price: $1,495.00
    Cyberweld Price: $1,157.50

FREE standard ground shipping within contiguous U.S. on every item.

After looking at this, I dont think that cyberweld is the one to beat. Their best price is $1157.50 with free ground shipping.

Frank has already offered $200 off, making it $1000. If they can throw in free ground shipping, that would be a smokin deal, right?

Sounds good to me, and thanks to Frank, Miller and Ryan!

Looking forward to updates

9. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Price, Price, Price ! I have a Miller mig and love it. I bucked up to buy a Miller because when I buy a tool it's a long term investment for me. I've been wanting to buy a plasma but there's always something I need worse. A heavy discount would make me drop the cash on one like a hot deal at a swap meet. I'm sure there are a ton of people out there like me. Make the price attractive enough and a bunch of them will be purchased. A modest discount won't do anything. Not looking for a freebie, but won't buy one unless it's too good to turn down. Hope it works out.....

10. overall discounts, specials on gear specific to ONLY Alliance members (ie: new product not released to public)...

Save money, free shipping. :)

11. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Hey Ryan- Im an alliance vendor and use ALL Miller products- found in my shop they are just second to non for welders and plasma cutters.
    When I ran into the booth last year , spoke with some great guys who knew what they were talking about (and not just trying to sell me stuff) and backed up anything they did sell me.
    Great customer service & a great product is why I have stayed with Miller...Its not always about the price- its about the quality too.

12. brady1929

brady1929

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

deep discount, and a quality product that Miller is going to stand behind. shipping free or discounted as well, and yea... im with rashy here, boxers :D

now, i KNOW im going to get fuckin hammered for this next one, but here goes anyhow...

i dont give two wet farts where the hell the thing is made, so long as its made well. make it at the south pole for all i care...

14. grapejuice1998

grapejuice1998
    from Dallas, TX

Sorry, I just got in on this thread, but a plasma cutter is the final piece that I really need for my shop. I would definitely be interested in a group purchase, at a discounted price (see:cheeep).

15. kool1

kool1

Discount would really help also cheap shipping and should aply to Canada buyers too.

16. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

I already bought diffrent brand cutter so i vote for an alliance discount on Miller beer.

17. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

oh wait, no realy this would be so sweet if there could be a steap discount on a cutter

18. old dirt tracker

old dirt tracker
    from phoenix

i am a buyer if you get a deal and shipping.

19. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I allready have a lincoln so a discount on the actual Plasma would not do me much good. If I could use any Accesories or even a discount on tips(assuming the would work) would work for me.

20. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

I am thinking of buying one soon---they have a promo going on right now in Rod & Custom that runs through November ?? So if they can do better than that Promo...I'll buy one! RYAN-- Great job working with Miller and for all you do to get future Alliance Vendors.

21. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Price always! Miller Quality is a great selling point. Shipping is a hang up sometimes

Regional Distributor, pick it up locally yourself? at a Car Show event? Toss that around

22. DD

DD
    from illinois

price is the key, because money is always tight. I have been wanting one.

23. brady1929

brady1929

i agree, price is most important

24. brady1929

brady1929

any word yet ryan? thanks

25. Vern

Vern

I would buy one if the price is right and a good deal on shipping

26. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Yeah, I'm curious too. My 110volt MIG is dead for sure, so I'm ready to buy.
    Not looking for a handout, just a good deal on a fine AMERICAN welder, 220 volts.

27. Clyde

Clyde
    from Las Vegas

The discount and I am in the market in the next 90 days. Bonus time is coming!!!!!!!

28. Joe King

Joe King

I'll sign up to be a alliance member to day if I can buy a plasma cutter at a discount tomorrow (or more like monday)