Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A New Can of Beans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Naw, even a tornado wouldn’t mess with beaners mother in law

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Aren’t you worried about the wall . LOL

Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Naw I know where there is a tunnel. LOL

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Dude you own a ladder, problem solved!

5. loudbang

loudbang

Able to leap tall WALLS with a single bound........no wait :rolleyes:

chryslerfan55, Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  6. "Not bird, nor plane, nor even frog!! Its just little ol' me Under Dog."

I'm gonna have to hang a chute on it. ;)

7. loudbang

loudbang

More inspiration. Back Seat driver Too :rolleyes:

34 beaner.JPG

Stogy, dana barlow, bchctybob and 4 others like this.
  8. Wonder that that chassis is.
    I guess without the channel you sat up pretty high, channeled I an right against the rear seat base now. I could actually almost loose my buckets and put a bench in it. LOL

chryslerfan55, loudbang and enloe like this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

10. Here's a teaser for ya. The Schoolster (my old racin buddy not a HAMBer) stopped by the other day with this and said, "Hey this was in my garage you may just need this."

20180530_160825.jpg

Its almost a sacrilege that we are going to have to cover it up with a bulkhead. :( :D :D :D

dana barlow, Stogy, patmanta and 7 others like this.
  11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Better a bulkhead than a burned ass......

Stogy, loudbang and brad2v like this.
  12. Wouldn't be the first time. LOL

But yes its not at all about lookin cool is it.

dana barlow, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  13. atch

atch

ok, beaner; let's have an update...

Max Gearhead, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  14. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

No pictures needed. :confused:

loudbang likes this.
  15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Think he’s had his hands full with non car related stuff lately

Stogy, Austin kays and loudbang like this.
  16. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anything that we could do to help?

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No Pressure... @porknbeaner but just curious how the beans are cookin'...Hope all is well

loudbang likes this.
  18. Is that engine the one that was in the pickup? HRP

19. Nothing anyone can do. I am trying to get moved this summer. Still got a ton to do to make the new old digs livable and lots of stuff to get hauled. LOL

Mom-in-law sick again and we are now trying to find a long term facility for her. The last two weeks have been a little stressful but it'll happen.

Going to hang a more substantial rear under the Crosley and mount the motor before the summer is over. That way I can move it in less pieces. LOL

Yes Danny that is the mill out of the Pusher which was its 3rd body and its landed in at least 2 since. Last was the @raven 's '27. I think he has a more accurate count on that.

Oh this isn't facebook. Sorry.

Sooooooo much to do sooooo little time. :D

20. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Seems to be my story lately too, Beaner.

loudbang likes this.
  21. I think it is just life. Life would be a lot easier if it would just get the hell out of the way. ;)

Austin kays, Stogy, Sancho and 6 others like this.
  22. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

“Life would be a lot easier if it would just get the hell outof the way.”

Fantastic. My newest favorite sentiment! Thanks P&B!

loudbang likes this.
  23. Well that is quote JC I am afraid. I remember hearing my dad say that from as far back as I can remember. ;)

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beaner with these last few bits of conversation I can't help but look at your Avatar...Things will stabilize...We have posted a number of inspirational subject Crosleys and I always wonder what vision you have on your mind...one thing is guaranteed is it will Rumble...

loudbang likes this.
  25. Well I have a pair of 40 hoods which was the intention of the original builder for a nose. I have not started tacking them together yet. A young friend gave me a pair of A radius rods and I have the '40s along with some 1" and 3/4" tubing for uprights and diagonals will make up my ladder bars. I'll have to do that when the switch the rears so that should be done before I move the car to the new digs.

With the engine set in place where it should go I end up with about a 22% setback so that plants me right in the middle of Altered ranks. I am using side mounts so that I can switch between SBC and BBC if I want. I have access to a good 396 short block, it will need a cam change at the very least to run with my 355. LOL

I have not yet scored a title. What would be perfect would be a Missouri title for a 48-52 (maybe '54) sedan. Alas what I have found so far is way out of my limited price range but I would eventually like to drive it to and from and run it once in a while when the urge strikes. LOL

Today my biggest concern is family oriented, when I get to the point of working on the old hooptie I will post updates.

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Understood...all the best moving forward...all the goodies sound all Hotrod and we look forward to seeing it evolve.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hang in there Beaner, and in the end it'll all work out for you!

loudbang likes this.
  28. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Any chance of getting a self-assembled title in Missouri?

loudbang likes this.
  29. So I been working my ass off trying to get moved to the new digs. One trailer load at a time. (2.5 hours one way).

Anyway this week it occurred to me that if I was going to haul the Crosley it would be as lot easier to load if it rolled. So this week I set about stuffing the new rear under it. as well as hanging the engine permanently on its new home.

Now the plan is to use mostly what I already have in my possession. So armed with a set of Speedway mounts for '37-'40 Ford I set about the task.

A note for the speedway mounts for information only. They move the rear forward about 2-3". Not a problem with the Crosley but it may be a problem if you plan on using them to hang a later rear under your fender car. When the car rolled into the garage the wheel base was @111" it is now @108".

With my engine setback @26" it gives me about 25% setback as opposed to about 22%. Rough numbers you can crunch them to be more exact if it makes you happy.

Also for general info the Speedway mounts are for 3" axle tubes the 31 spline Bronco rear uses 3.25" tubes. No biggy I own a grinder and I am not afraid to use it. Another quick reference for your catalog of useless info. I measured the '40 rear that came out of the Crosley it was a truck rear and measured 59.625 (59 5/8) flange to flange and the bronco rear is 58".

I used wheels tires that I got from @Ryan when we were still staying at the Ramada. yes stull trying to build that beast with what I got. LOL

So pictures right? here ya crosley side.jpg crosley front.jpg crosley rear.jpg