Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Nailhead, A Coupe, A Roller

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Canuck, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Canuck

Canuck

The decision to change the rear suspension was driven by a few things.

Room. To squeeze the exhaust pipes and mufflers in the mufflers would clear the radius rods by approx. 1/4" at max travel and clear the floor of the car by about 1". Thus the large heat shield under the floor. The mufflers take up a fair bit of room due to trying to keep them Manitoba legal (reverse flow by the current regulations). :(

Strength. Have talked to others that have run the 35-6 radius rods and had problems with them bending. While a torque link may alleviate that, I don't have room to run one. My only alternative would be re-enforcing the rods. I would still have to trim the lower part of the frame to clear the radius rods. :(

Thus the conversations with Paul Horton on the suitability of the Welder Series 4 bar kit. Even that requires a modification. Can't use the Model A kit as my frame is a combination of too deep and too low in relation to the axle. The 32 Ford kit is closer but requires shorter bars. :confused:

Kind of a problem of 425 eggs in a 30 pound bag. Some things don't fit too well. :eek:

Canuck

2. nice pace and progress =)

3. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

4. Canuck

Canuck

Finally the LONG AWAITED install of a highly coverted accessory ----
    HAMB Decal Nov 2015.jpg
    It seems like this has been in storage forever, but finally installed. Just wish it was the last thing required.

Assembly of body and wiring to be completed hopefully in the next week of so, then upholstery over the winter.
    Roof Decking Done 20151020_175130.jpg

Canuck

5. Canuck

Canuck

30 Model A coupe update.

Finally, bits and pieces are starting to go together. The plan is to have it on the road this summer as long as nothing unexpected happens. Won’t have a finished interior and probably missing a couple of body trim pieces that have to be custom made.

The hard part is avoiding the impulse to just throw it together as quick as possible.

Anyhow, here are a couple of shots of the dash, finally all together. All vintage SW gauges, vintage Lucas indicator lights, reworked heater (the defrost works great, lots of air flow), custom made stainless trim pieces and knobs, custom column drop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canuck

Rich B. and Bam.inc like this.
  6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Great to see the progress. Looking good!

7. 51box

51box
    from MA

Looks great man, you'll be there in no time.

8. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Keep it up! & Keep feeding HAMB pictures. One of my favorites.

9. Canuck

Canuck

A historic day. Fired up and running. Couple of minor issues but after 12 years sitting around in pieces, I'm happy. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Canuck

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016