Register now to get rid of these ads!

A little taste of Goodguys Indy 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fbama73, Jun 12, 2010.

1. fbama73

fbama73

Went out for a good bit of time Friday, and for a short time Saturday. Got to meet Eric (FlattyV8) and Larry(Roddin-shack) from the HAMB. Great guys! Their caravan of several from Canada made it down with no major problems. One guy did have a bit of an ignition problem, but they sorted it out fairly easy.

Weather was typical Indy Goodguys weather. Some rain, and some hot and humid. Thankfully, Eric provided me and Leigha (my daughter) with some cold Diet Pepsi at a VERY opportune time. I decided to forego the brewskis in case I needed to hit the road for someone in trouble.

Eric's truck- this thing is beautiful. If there's anything aboiut it that's not "just right," I couldn't find it. Later in the day he was cruising around, and it sounds as right as it looks!

[​IMG]

Larry's 5 window. Again, nice styling, nice workmanship. And these guys drove 12 hours to get here. I put myself on call to help out if there were any problems, and never got called. Dependable AND beautiful!

[​IMG]

Of course, it's Goodguys, so there's no shortage of gold chainer cars. I always admire good workmanship, even if I don't care for the style. Here's some more of the ones that caught my eye as our style.

[​IMG]

This Lincoln really grabbed me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loves me some radirs and wide whites!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the link to the rest of the pictures I took this year. There are a few cars that are not HAMB material, but something about them caught my eye. Several that just need a wheel change to be right. Also, I only took about 60 pics, because there are a lot of nice cars that were there that I already have multiple pictures of. There's also a lot of cars there that just don't interest me that much.

http://public.fotki.com/fbama73/11_car_shows/goodguys-indy-2010/

2. thanks for sharing

3. iracer

iracer

Thanks for the pic's. I was there all day on Friday. I love Eric's truck. I took several pictures of it. As you say everything with the truck is perfect.

4. Thanks for the kind words Brain, glad to meet you and all the great people from Indy and the Hamb. A bit of rain, mostly at night, hope tomorrow is just as nice.

Hope to see you all next year.

Eric

5. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks for postin

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

thanks for the photos. sure would like to see some drag racing action.

7. hotrodhillbilly23

hotrodhillbilly23
    from Indiana

So did anyone else catch rain on the way to Indy? We hit Columbia City, IN friday morning just as the 5" in an hour hit! ran into standing water that washed over the top of the car and drowned it out. Pushed it to the side of the road and waited under the awning of a tattoo shop on the rain to let up! The car was one soggy SOB! We made it 2 1/2 hrs later than I'd hoped, but still worth the trip!

Attached Files:

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Eric, I really liked your truck, but especially the motor.

I was there on Friday only in my coupe. It was fun. The swap was the worst one yet. :( It was fun to watch the mass exodus when the storm came on Friday. Where was everyone going to go? Especially the roadsters. They were going to get wet regardless, so why leave? :D