Register now to get rid of these ads!

A little pause for reflection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37slantback, Sep 12, 2013.

1. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been watching something for a while. An amazing commitment by an amazing guy. I have seen him work full days with me and then late nights on his car project.

We have all done this but for different reasons and motivations. Reliving the past, search for trophy gold, or a driver to cruise with loved ones.
    His motivation was to finish what another had started. A stranger who is no longer here. I have seen him struggle to hold to the vision of someone he had never met. It became a quest to finish someone else s dream. Digging through boxes of parts. Getting into the mind of some other car guy and stepping into his shoes for his build.

I have seen him stress over some deadlines that he valiantly tried to meet. Six weeks of blocking and sanding. Hunting all over hell and half the country looking for the smalls that would finish it up.

Well, it looks like he will make the final deadline, the Palouse Days Car show this weekend. You see, that is where the 65 Coronet is from and it will be returning to Palouse after many years. The last owner will not be there, but perhaps in spirit.

And, I ponder how often has someone gone to such lengths to try to finish another man's vision even if it is not his own??

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

imagine that it happens more than most would think. need to give more info on car show.

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I seen a fellow do the same thing. He diligently worked to replicate exactly what the old fellow wanted and had. He painstakenly knocked on doors to get old pictures of this car. He talked to his family and friends and assured all of them this car would never leave his hands after he was done. I seen the dedication to his memory and worked like hell right beside him to finish this car. He has my most respect till this day. Some of you may know him.

Attached Files: