Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Great Tribute to Car Clubs in the North!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KITTEN, Nov 3, 2005.

1. KITTEN

KITTEN
    from New York

A friend of ours wrote this for their Club's Newsletter. I thought it was worth sharing! Hope you Enjoy!! :D

END OF SUMMER By Bruce Barton, Neighborhood Cruisers, Stony Point, NY

As the days grow shorter the weather becomes cooler, the sun sets earlier and the leaves begin to change with all their colors aglow. The animals begin to scurry to get ready for hibernation and the sound of the birds can be heard to the south as they head for warmer weather.

Our hobby is governed by the seasons, our colors are aglow as we attempt to grab hold of the last light of summer, trying to be seen before the early sunsets and the cooler weather sends us to our garages.

The sound of cars fading away much like the animals and birds fading away not to be heard from until the weather passes through its worst and finally breaks through to warmer days.

Yes, our hobby, or better still, our enjoyment is strongly governed by the seasons that befall us, but we are fortunate, for unlike our valued and sheltered cars, we still venture out in all seasons staying in touch with all who are involved in their valued rides and this is what makes a car club.

It is the people that bind together and not the cars, although they are what initially draw us together. So, to say the season is over? NOT TRUE as some believe, for there are so many reasons that it continues through out the year.

It’s obvious the reasons are the members of the club that care and there are many.

2. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Ah so true for the northern folks!:( .....But!, Us in the south can cruise almost all year round.:)

3. KITTEN

KITTEN
    from New York

Yes, it is project time for us. Or time for us to cruise south!!! :cool:

4. Powerband

Powerband

Yes, the yearly ritual of "winterizing" the summer ride is taking place all over the North. Sta-Bil and rodent chasing piezo devices rule the day.

For all you fellow Northerner's, I have one sensible request:
    PLEASE NO F#$@'N MOTHBALLS IN THE INTERIOR !.

Nothing worse than the Spring dustoff show when you walk up to a really nice old ride and get hit by a wall of mothball stink. Often you can be 50' away and it'll knock you over with the stench.

This is just one of my car show peeves that I find hilarious that someone with a really nice early Vette or Straight8 Buick will have it smell like a funky basement closet.

Which reminds me of an old joke:
    Bob - Do you know what mothballs smell like?.
    Ray - Sure I know what mothballs smell like, why?.
    Bob - I want to know how you get your head between those tiny legs.

[​IMG]

Powerband

5. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

Bullshit! A nice ride with the windows open gets rid of the smell mighty fast. Mothballs are very effective in keeping mice out of vintage upholstery which is a BIG problem for those of us who live in rural areas.

6. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

THANKS for your poem , but I still hate the winter. [​IMG]