Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A great stupid question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59buick, Jun 5, 2015.

1. 59buick

59buick

Showing my ignorance, but on the Hamb cars for sale ads when you scroll down the ad , it will say bump or bttt, I think, what the hell does that mean?, just curious.

2. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Bump and "back to the top" means the original poster posts so the ad won't fall onto the 2nd page

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"Back To The Traditional" Rods and Customs...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Don't forget
    The "3 Day Bump Rule";
    A seller may not "bump"; their ad any sooner than three days since the last time THEY bumped it.
    Please respect your fellow HAMBers. This little rule was put into effect to keep people from bringing their ad back to the top (BTTT) in a manner detrimental to other ads. Should a seller think of something to add before the 3 days is up they may do so by editing their previous post.

5. Bumping an ad is when the original poster posts on his ad. That causes the ad to come back to the top of the page, pushing all other ads down the page one position.
    When he types BTTT it means "Back to the top"...
    He's only allowed to bring his ad back to the top of the page no sooner than every 3 days so he doesn't crowd other member's ads down the page and off to the 2nd page too soon.

6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I do any ads I have once a month giving others plenty of time at the top since mine are more to find homes for stuff than needing the money..

7. LOL he was talking about the other ads not my junk. :D

BTTT or Bump is easier than witty banter which no one is going to read anyway.

8. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

It means it was overpriced and nobody bought it the first time around:D