Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A Full-Fendered Side Project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think white walls would look like shit on the car initially... New whitewalls are so white they are almost blue, you know? But once they yellowed, I think they would look fantastic.

That being said, I'm a black wall guy mostly...

2. Rand Man

Rand Man

The wheels and tires are part of Keith and Ryan's vision. I wanted that. Raw hot rod. I don't think it will hurt much to try on a different pair of shoes at some point though, for more of a custom touch.

3. I can dig it. I was just curious as to whether you were completely opposed to them or not. I'm glad you're not! I think they would nail a late 50's build and look ( . )( . ) on that coupe! Of course magnesium Americans and slicks would look pretty good too! ;)

Drewfus likes this.
  4. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

@Ryan fixed that for you ;)

5. 138.jpg
    Damn Ryan, that thing is just plain friggin' cool!

6. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

Whatever the wheel and tire combo the car is just badass.

7. Very nice! I think Wheels and Tires are the most important part of a build. But that's just me. Thanks for all of your post on this build. That is one Sweet little A! Ron...

8. Rand Man

Rand Man

At this point, the important thing is the engine. The builder is sending a replacement in one week. This time fully tested and ready to rock.

kiwijeff, tb33anda3rd and catdad49 like this.
  9. louisb

louisb

Cool. I bet you are ready to drive this one.

--louis

thunderplex likes this.
  10. Big Jon

Big Jon

any chance of a clip of it running, keen to hear what those exhausts sound like

kiwijeff likes this.
  11. Rand Man

Rand Man

We will have to put a running engine back in there first. The owner of 5 Star Engines (of the Phoenix, Arizona area) assured me a replacement motor would be on a truck today. No return of phone calls and messages, so it looks like that's not happening.

I do not recommend their products and or services.

12. bummer.

13. louisb

louisb

Sucks man, sorry to hear that.

--louis

14. Rand Man

Rand Man

They fired up the new 327, and did the break in procedure in Phoenix today. All went well, so it goes on a truck to Austin tomorrow.

15. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great news. Hope you enjoy the summer with the new coupe. Good luck.

16. louisb

louisb

Good deal.

--louis

17. pumpman

pumpman

Glad to hear it's now moving forward. It really sucks when stuff like happen but I guess better to deal with it now rather then a 1000 miles down the road. I'm sure all you guys are pissed but as we all know and have been there "it happens".

18. Sounds to me like someone worked the holiday weekend to deliver on a promise. You know damn well, even if the engine was on a truck at noon Friday, it still would not have moved 5 feet all holiday weekend.
    I hate to see someone pitched under the bus so easily.......

19. Rand Man

Rand Man

No, the builder called me Friday afternoon, after I posted this, and said it was assembled, but they wouldn't do the break-in until after the holiday. I've been waiting on this engine since the first week of February. I've used a lot of restraint by not calling them out earlier.

20. Ahhh... understood. I didn't see where the lead time was that far back. That IS a long time to hold up a project like this one.

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Shit is moving forward again!

22. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

HA!, wish my recent engine swap had gone at that pace. Still in progress. Work really is the scourge of the drinking class.

Thrift-King likes this.
  23. new puppy?

ct1932ford likes this.
  24. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HIGHLANDER, I was losing respect for the boys from Michigan after reading Limey Kid's "inflammatory" recitation concerning 350 mills. Yet, you restored my faith in the boys from the Motor City. LOL. My '40 2-dr has a 327, 300 HP in it, and I am SO glad.

25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, when I stop the roadster to rescue you from "trouble" on the side of the road, I won't say I told ya so as we pull back onto Rte 66, then crank up the A/C and Sirius '50's. LOL

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Hitchhiker likes this.
  26. In your dreams pal. we both know this thing will never make it to Texas ;)

shit I've only put about 1300 miles on it since October. That's daily driving!..it's probably 2300 or so to San Antonio. I bet I don't make it past Oregan.....and who still uses Sirius?... so last century. All the kids are streaming BLUE TOOTH to stand alone speakers with their cell phone. No subscription necessary.:D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

She's one again!

Engine fire soon...

ct1932ford, wedjim, Tim and 3 others like this.
  28. Not sure if I missed it, but what are the plans for gas tank? Going in the trunk, or something else?

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, it's behind the seat...

30. ynottayblock

ynottayblock