Register now to get rid of these ads!

"A" frame rolled down at running board

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Black Primer, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Black Primer

Black Primer

Hey guys, The drivers side frame rail on my model a is rolled inward at the rear running board bracket. It's rolled in about 1/8".

If I bolt the bracket back on and put a jack under it I can bring it back. When I release the jack it goes back. I'm leary of putting heat to the frame. Is this ok?

The other thought is adding a crossmember between the running board bracket mounting holes in the frame. I'm not going to use the boards anyway. Has anyone dealt with this? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. 1/8" on a Model A frame? Your being way to critical. Especialy being your not going to put running boards back on. Were it me I'd just get on with putting the car together.
    The Wizzard

3. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

what he said!!!! now if you just cant live with your self knowing that your frame is out 1/8 u will have to twist it out just past streight to get it to stay. i would NOT put heat to it unless it was the very last option. i say live with it.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

If the frame and rail are straight other than that little flaw, I think I'd proceed too.

5. Black Primer

Black Primer

Thanks guys, Sometimes I get a little carried away.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I can't go along with that. (but I have a frame jig)
    The reason I got out of the construction business was the popular thinking: "F#@k it, nail it right there..."
    Pour a concrete slab, get it to 1/8"...close enough...

Car frames should be straight, (if you have the facilities) Square chassis builds a straight car.

7. I agree with Mike. Make it right now. 1/8 here 1/8 there and pretty soon you've got a problem. Now's the time to do it right, it should'nt take much to bring it back. If you don't, you'll always know it.