Register now to get rid of these ads!

A few ?'s

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Harrison, Mar 9, 2003.

1. The HAMB now only shows like the most recent 10 posts for me. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Where are the rest? WhenI go to the HAMB there is only one page of it.

This will take some getting used to but I think I'll like it in the long run - if I can figure out how to post a damn pic again.

Thanks, JH

2. Haven't figured out the pic posting but I like the attachment option. That's my wife and the steering wheel that cost more than my daily driver.

JH

3. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Mines only showing about 10 also. Thought it was just me or had some setting wrong. I would like to be able to see more topics on the page before having to go to page 2.

4. Anderson

Anderson

To change the number of posts, got to the top and click on "My Home." At the bottom is a box with three lines. One of them is Display Prefferences, etc. Click "edit" next to it. Then you can change it. Total parent posts is whats on the main page, and flat posts is when you open one up and see all the replies. I sey mine both at 35 and it looks good.

5. HardLuck

HardLuck

****Hey**** ****guys****,
    <****br**** />****I**** ****stumbled**** ****across**** ****how**** ****to**** ****change**** ****it****.
    <****br**** />
    <****br**** />****Go**** ****to**** "****My**** ****Home****"
    <****br**** />****then**** ****in**** ****the**** ****main**** ****configuration****, ****go**** ****to****:
    <****br**** />"****Display**** ****preferences****, ****number**** ****of**** ****shown**** ****threads****, ****languages****, ****colors****..."
    <****br**** />
    <****br**** />****Depending**** ****on**** ****the**** ****mode**** ****you****'****re**** ****in**** ****change**** ****the****:
    <****br**** />"****Total**** ****parent**** ****posts**** ****to**** ****show**** ****per**** ****page****:"
    <****br**** />****or****
    <****br**** />"****Total**** ****posts**** ****to**** ****show**** ****on**** ****one**** ****page**** ****when**** ****viewing**** ****a**** ****post**** ****in**** ****flat**** ****mode****"
    <****br**** />
    <****br**** />****I****'****m**** ****still**** ****screwing**** ****around**** ****with**** ****all**** ****the**** ****settings**** ****trying**** ****to**** ****figure**** ****out**** ****what**** ****works**** ****best**** ****for**** ****me****.
    <****br**** />
    <****br**** />****Give**** ****that**** ****a**** ****shot**** ****an**** ****see**** ****if**** ****it**** ****works**** ****for**** ****ya****.
    <****br**** />-****HL****

6. I set it to show the 99 most recent posts but I still only have one page of the HAMB. As fast as stuff falls off the page with each influx of newbies, I'll never be able to follow up on a lot of posts that I'd like to follow without writing down the subject and doing a search.

Having said that, I'm glad the search is back up and running.

Also, Ryan asked for suggestions, here's mine - make this all easier to read. These pages are very "busy". Guess I just got used to the idiot-proof old HAMB.

I like it basically and know I will after Ryan tweaks it and I learn my way around.

Thanks Ryan!

Jim

7. HardLuck

HardLuck

Wow that's a neat new feature, having every word surounded by four "*".
    Don't know what I did to screw it up but I can't even edit it.
    Says it's to old of a post to edit it, even though I just posted it little bit ago.

8. the pages are at the bottom by the 1... its just that when un clicked they are red numbers... you can drag and high light them or just click to the right of the 1 in the bottom red line
    Gargh

9. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Thanks Kustomrockets. tahts much better. Now I just got to figure out the picture postin thing all over.