Register now to get rid of these ads!

A few pics of the shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, May 29, 2006.

1. dv8

dv8

I posted these on the Garage Journal, and thought some of you might like to see all that junk as well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

pretty cool man! lots of good stuff there! few years worth of progects for sure!

3. dv8

dv8

No Doubt! They're not even all pictured....It's a disease, because I still want more!

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

There's gold in them there hills.

5. where is uncle Jessie and Duke boys your place looks like that movie set from the show

6. Rusty

Rusty

Cool, I think I saw some Moonshine in one of the pics

7. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

This is a sick, sick man!:D

8. Gigantor

Gigantor

ooohhhh .... if only I had that kind of space.. if only I had one of those grill inserts ...:D

9. Antibilly

Antibilly

All that collecting dust. How about showing us what youve done with any of that

10. I don't see my old 51 in the picture.Hey sell me that 27 body or that roadster out by the shed no for real a least the 27 touring body.Show them all the stuff you have over there you horder your as bad as me.At least your young enough to maybe do half of them cars before you become a broken down old bastard. hahahaha are those 30 or 31's in the back ground .Dam I need to get a scooter for webster.pm me when you log in to night.

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Any Deuce bodies stashed anywhere?

12. It doesn't collect dust, too much wind in there.:D

Hey Jon, I'm going to make plans with Joe after we get back from vaca. to take the jonboat up the Alafia, grab a beer at the Shed and drag that "A" rear end at my buddies place back home in Joes truck. I'm thinking Sat. Oct. 14. When do you get off work?

13. dv8

dv8

Here you go antibilly...follow the links backward and watch this one go from stocker to hotrod in a combined total of about...maybe 5 weekends, since I work fulltime, and have very little time to work on it. I think me and Tim are doing a fine job on our second hotrod built from nothing!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130793

No trading, no ebay, no buying a running 4-door from the autotrader....just collecting the parts I need, and building a collection of cars that I've been dreaming of owning!

We're also working on a hemi-powered model A roadster, and a buddy of mine and REJ's is working on a hemi-powered 29 coupe for me with some of those dust-covered parts.

But thanks for coming out.

[​IMG]

Here's the only shot I have of the roadster....

[​IMG]

14. dv8

dv8

Actually....One of those model A's has the "truck conversion" on it, and it looks like an old 'Shine hauler!

15. dv8

dv8

No but I missed a chopped 32 coupe on a 34 frame for $3,200 a couple of years ago at the swapmeet....I'm still sick about that one.

16. MustBnuts

MustBnuts
    from Toronto

Have to ask ...how and what does it cost you to heat your shop...???..

17. MustBnuts

MustBnuts
    from Toronto

dv8 ...just noticed your an orange grove resident...explains the low heating costs LOL

18. Antibilly

Antibilly

Thats all youve got for a slam? If thats the case sweet! Ill keep buying trading and e baying while
    you fuckers sit in the Orange groves finger fucking each other dreaming of the day when yet another RAT ROD will be on the road!

19. dv8

dv8

Good come-back Mike! Did you even look at the Truck threads? Oh...That's right they don't "serve" your ego so why would you even care!

Thanks for coming on here with your negative abrasive attitude and hi-jacking the thread!

What's the matter? Did your thread about your club not get the response that you expected? Maybe it's because most people realize that the only reason you're back on here is you bought an old car and now you want the attention and title of "El Presidente for Life" again. "No old car: the clubs dissolved everyone go home." Old car: "It's back on, I'm president."

Why do you always have to be a dick to us? We've always supported you Orlando guys, and went to your shows, and tried to be nice to you. Tim busts your balls sometimes, but it's because you get so worked up over it.

You never took the time to find out anything about any of us...you probably don't even no my real name (hint: My first name was mentioned in this thread).

That ebay thing wasn't a slam, but since you think the world revolves around you, I could see how you would think it was....I was saying that I prefer to decide what cars I want, find them, decide what engine, find it, gather all the parts, and build the car I originally wanted, that takes longer than aquireing an allready running car and becoming instant "joe hot-rodder", like alot of people do.

I have nothing against buying or trading for a finished or near-finished car, I even owned a 48 plymouth, that I just sold, that I traded one of the last of my muscle cars for. It had a small block chevy in it, and it was a decent driver, but you probably never knew I had it, because I didn't post 12 pics a day of it on here.

As far as RAT RODs go....I guess "El Mosquito" "El Poncharello" and the "Green Bean" were RODDERS JOURNAL quality cars.

Since your the absolute KING of dishing it out, and not being able to take it, why don't we just save the onslaught of "Sharks vs Jets" crap, and you just do me a favor and don't post on this thread anymore.

I'll be in the shop later finger fucking my freinds and building another HOT ROD.

-JON ********

20. dv8

dv8

MustBnuts....heat not an issue....mosquitos and wasps....big issue!

21. MBL

MBL

While we're on the subject of finger fucking..ya know dv8 only has two fingers and a thumb on his right hand...but this was birth thing..he didn't get them cut off like a real rodder..so these fingers are THICK and they have the 2" wide fingernail. Once you get past that fingernail..you're ok...well I guess OK is a realative term..so Mike since your so into it...maybe we have big surprise for you next swap meet...Just remember it only hurts if you tense up...oh well I guess hurts is a realative term too.
    TIm
    MBL

22. Antibilly

Antibilly

Well now that was well put! Back to stroking my ego.

23. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

cool projects......takes a lot of time and $$ to gather stuff......anyone with a little $$ can call speedway......

keep us posted...

24. dv8

dv8

Thanks. I put a lot of miles in at the swapmeets, and sometimes it pays to have connections, by stoping and talking to people at the swaps. I've made a ton of freinds that way to.

I actually end up spending more money on speed parts for the cars than the original purchase of the car or body!

Flathead and Hemi stuff ain't cheap...but it makes the difference over a bellybutton car in the end.

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool stuff...I hate you:D

26. Antibilly

Antibilly

Ya know what Ive got to say Im sorry for hijacking this thread by being a bully! I watched "The BenchWarmers" last night with my son and I should have learned something.

My hats off to your progress and sweet stash of vintage parts. You guys have come along way and are making great strides in the hot rod world
    Have a great weekend and send the Family my love!

27. :D Well outside of that Mr. Lincoln, how was the theature? (St. Peter to Abe Lincoln):D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

28. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Just ignore Antibilly.....he's having an identity crisis right now......he has always had trouble with his pick up lines and dating.....he was really trying to ask you out, he just comes across all wrong....:D

Yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about.......I've traded around, chased leads and picked up great deals for everything......the body and speed equipment is what'll set you back...