Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A coupe rear window ????

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by vtwhead, Apr 15, 2018.

1. The coupe I am building had a roll down rear window which I have eliminated. The wood that was around it seems too large (thick)now with all the hardware removed. Anybody got a pic of the wood installed in a non roll up coupe for reference. Hoping to alter the wood but a pic would be great or some input before I start this.................thanks.

2. kb cookout

kb cookout

Here's a few pics, you will need to use a standard 1928-31 rear window molding (coupe and sedan) not the deeper one on used for the roll down rear window ( that molding also fits 1930-31 sedan delivery back doors)

later kb

Attached Files:

3. kb cookout

kb cookout

Here's some more,

later kb

Attached Files:

4. Many thanks, that shows me what I need to know.

5. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

That roll down window is quite desirable, do you still have it or any of the parts?

Sent from my E6810 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Well, I know I have the glass and the crank somewhere. I just saw the pan this week also. I will find all the pieces and put up some pics. Thanks for the reminder. So much going on with this build now that a lot gets put away and forgotten:rolleyes:

7. I have the regulator somewhere and the drip pan and glass. Also, the rear package tray. I have the original top wood piece and the two side vertical pieces. The pan would need a repair in the center and the water outlet needs to be reattached.
    100_6369.JPG 100_6370.JPG 100_6371.JPG
    I will never use any of this so if anyone would be interested let me know.

8. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Are you going to keep the rumble seat or convert to a trunk?

9. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

memory is part time help...
    leftover '29 and some '30 murray 4 screw door window regulators were used for the rear window regulator, don't remember left or right... garnish is thicker front to back... HIH.

10. MrT, the previous owner had converted to a trunk. It will remain for sure.

Smitty, It looks like they used 3 and 4 bolt regulators in the back window. All of mine are three bolt.

11. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

never seen a 3 bolt rear.... I can still learn, its the remembering that gets me !

12. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

a picture of the wood kit would speak 1000........

13. I tore the shop apart and cannot find the regulator or any remaining wood pieces! You know how things get misplaced, very aggravating to say the least. As I remember three years ago when I tore it all apart that the wood was rotten and most likely I tossed it....now the regulator is a mystery.

14. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

the model A parts catalogs must have a pic or drawing of the rear window's wood panel...