Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Chopped 56 Cadillac 4 door H/T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrioxinKustoms, Oct 20, 2009.

1. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

[​IMG]hope you cadillac guys enjoy this.

2. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

3. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

[​IMG]I painted this 56 cadillac a few months back. I hope you guys like it. I took it to the Mobtown Greaseball in MD. Where it won "Baddest Bomb"

4. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

the look swee..........................................................t

5. wild willey

wild willey

Raddest Bomb!!! Love da lines!!! KOOLSVILLE!!!!!!!!!!

6. Love the grill! Need something like that on my ride. Thanks for showing....John

7. Sauli

Sauli

Do You have a pic of the back window...?

8. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I like it all, except for the grill.

It looks better than I thought it would.

9. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I can make you one.

10. sinks88

sinks88

I love the subtle color!

11. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

12. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Other than the first pic, do you have any others of the actual car?

Dont get me wrong, the eye candy is nice... But I'd kinda like to see the car first... Then we can all play judge in the bikini contest

13. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Dont like the grill but that car is neat!

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I see the vent windows are missing...does it ever rain down there...??? Or are the side windows modified so they seal up to the pillar...???

Not a huge fan of the grille...it doesn't fit the "classiness" of a Cadillac...and it isn't my car...

R-

15. 33Master_Eagle

33Master_Eagle

Looks sweet I have a '52 4dr H/T I want to chop but I have to ask, what did you do with the seal between the windows so it doesn't leak. I love the look of the pillar being gone but i also don't want a mess.

16. Seems to be a popular theme here. I'd like it for my car as it goes with what my ride is. Wanna trade?

17. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Hey John, Chris here (used to live in Union), you bought a 50 Merc radiator off me for a Hudson years ago.

18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i like it, except for the spider web grille thingy. i agree with roger that the caddy deserves something a little classy. also though, it isnt mine. so, whatever.

19. I remember! I thought it might be you but your address didn't click. Still working on the Hudson, have the custom work almost finished on the rear half and working my way forward.

20. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

yup..it rains. the front windows are elongated. it seals up great. it has a length of hardtop weatherstrip on the A pillar.all the side glass functions well. I will post new pics asap.

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I believe you are mistaking a four door sedan for a four door hardtop...in 1952, Cadillac only produced four door sedans...they did not produce a pillar-less four door hardtop until 1955...

In order to build a pillar-less hardtop from a four door sedan would be a major undertaking...I certainly wouldn't want to attempt it, and chopping a four door sedan is a major undertaking by itself.

R-

22. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

I really like it. typically hate spider webs, but they actually work in that grill. good job all around

23. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

[​IMG]I chopped a 4 door 1957 ford fairlane 500 into a 2 door hardtop. I've chopped a few four doors. I will be chopping a 1950 chevy 4 door over the next two weeks and will be happy to post full pics. I will chop the top on pretty much anything for under 2000 bucks for the metal work, body work, and primer.. the weatherstrip is up to you. and I would have no problems chopping a 52 cadillac into a hard top. I'm a HUGE cadillac fan.

24. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

[​IMG]you can kinda see the windows in this one. and my chopped 53 4 door in the backround..ha ha

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yep, I can "kinda" see the windows...from what I see it looks like you've done your homework...

Now, since I've added my thirteen cents to the build of your Cadillac...please allow me to put my '55 Caddy 'build' up for your perusul...clik below...(there's about 6 pages there, depending on how many you have set up on your monitor, and just in case you haven't seen it.)

R-
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329070&highlight=the+best+55+caddy+build

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Other than the grill it's cool as heck.

27. man that is sweeeet.. others may not get the grill treatment but i like it.. it's a sinister elegance..

28. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

yeah, that's what the owner wanted. he has a really nice 66 pontiac and a 64 impala. he wanted a mean old cadillac.

29. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Love the car but the grille sicks some major ass. Why would anybody get rid of that classic grille.

30. 68Caddy

68Caddy