Register now to get rid of these ads!

a/c in a shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dusty, Feb 1, 2004.

1. dusty

dusty

After reading Boones post on selling out, I,ve gota say I am with ya man. Since the shoebox doesnt seem to want to sell, I am thinking this ole fart needs some creature comforts for me and momma. With all that said, will a stock 8ba support an a/c compressor and secondly, are there units available to hide under the dash or will I be stuck with a unit hanging below the dash? Dont really need a heater as the factory unit works great. Any pics?

2. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Talk to the guys at Vintage Air. Good quality and excellent customer service.

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Dusty,
    I just got some film back and there is a great shot of your Sbox at the KCSP. I will try to scan it this week. Also, are you still working at the same place? I made double prints......

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

4. Dusty, I installed a vinatge air unit in a '50 Ford two years ago. It was their midsize unit and it would freeze you out of there!

Just one tip though... The units come with a cheesy lever type switch panel... I ditched that and went with their knob set up... I also bought their expensive-ass art deco knobs... painted the dash black, filled some holes and drilled a few new ones. It turned out killer.

Sam!

5. dusty

dusty

Thanks for the tips guys. Appreciate the info. Chris, I still work at the same place but am remodeling the bosses house in Gladstone. Should wrap up there this week. If you are passing by 59th after this week, stop in and say hi.
    Sam, what engine were you using? If a flatty, how did it handle the a/c? Did it cut the power significantly and did it overheat?