Register now to get rid of these ads!

A big let down, but not really...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonesey, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Jonesey

Jonesey

So I have taken on the project of restoring my father's 1956 F-100. Built a 5.0L, grabbed a WC T-5, stripped and painted the frame, and am in the process of reworking the suspension and axles. He has been real exited about it so far and working on the body panels at his house.

Until today...

Out of the blue he comes across a great deal on a 1947 Harvester and buys it. It was a friend of ours father's, who passed away recently. It has been restored very well and looks amazing. I don't know much about these trucks , but from what he tells me it still has the original flathead six cylinder in good running condition. I'll post up some pics tomorrow as we are going to pick it up. I am happy for him, yet it still feels like a bit of a let down. Regardless it was way too good of a deal to pass up...

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

a let down that your dad bought another jalopy....hmmm...there is therapy for those feelings

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I hear what you are saying, but keep working on the F-100 and help him with the IH too. Don't sweat it and just take it for what it is and try to have fun together regardless. Now you both can have trucks!

4. Jonesey

Jonesey

Ehh, not a big deal, I guess I just inherited a '56 F-100 project. Just wish I had known earlier. Would have went for the stroker motor and set her down on some air bags. i guess there is always room for changing the plans..

5. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

where in atl are you?

cheers and beers
    Hodge

6. Jonesey

Jonesey

East Atlanta Village, Right in the thick of it...