Register now to get rid of these ads!

!950 dodge VIN location

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by XxStrait-EdgexX, Sep 14, 2009.

1. I went to the good ol DMV today to do a search to get a title... They cant find anything from the VIN I gave em... So they immediately say its the wrong number.... I need to know if its on the drivers side door jamb by the hinges and how many digits it is. Also does it start with a "D"???

2. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Should be on the firewall I think. I had a 54 dodge that was Oregon titled by the engine number, which happened to be a plymouth rebuild?? They did wierd things back then. The body numbers were usually just numbers though, no letters. If the tag is gone, you'll probably see two drilled holes on the drivers side firewall.

If you still have the flathead 6, then the engine number is on the drivers side near the front and below the head.

3. Thanks for the info but I had just figured it out and blasted off to the dmv... They have it in the computer by the engine numbers... They found the og owners name but that was it, just a name. so they gave me two forms and told me to bring them and the dodge and they'll check it out and ship the forms to salem and Ill be on my way :D EASY AS PIE!!!!

4. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Mine as a panel truck actually, and so I had a "body tag" (not a VIN tag, ha) made in New Zealand, and stamped it with the engine number. That way I could pull the flathead and modernize the running gear, and still have a body tag that matched the title.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009

5. 48mirage

48mirage

It depends on the state that the vehicle was originally registered in. I have a '49 Dodge that is registered with teh State of Kansas. They used the engine number. It is on a boss just below the head and above the generator and yes it starts with a "D". This number should also be stamped into the frame rail just in front of the rear wheel hump on the driver's side. The D represented the Dodge the next 2 numbers would have been the model (mine is a D-30, which is a Coronet) then there are the sequence numbers. The numbers on the door pillar are called the body numbers. Again, the method varied from state to state as to what numbers were used.