Register now to get rid of these ads!

!932-39 wire spoke rims

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldBlueOval, Sep 11, 2009.

1. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

Saw these on craigslist (Albany n.y.) [email protected] left a message for the guy to call me.I know nothing about wire spoked rims may run them on my Plymouth? what size rims should I be looking for and problem areas with old rims Thanks Joe

2. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

The guy call me back going too look at them in morning any thoughts on what I should be looking for?

3. F&J

F&J

You did not put up a link to the ad, just an email reply.

So, we don't know what the wheels are ! 32-39????

And we don't know if your "plymouth" is a 1928 or a 1968 :)

Wire wheel swaps can turn out real bad. The hub hole needs to be exact, the bolt pattern also, plus the drum needs to support the flange on the back of the wire wheel. If the drum does not support all the contact points on any given wire wheel, the wheel WILL fail...cracks, loosening lugs, etc.

Some wire wheel sizes are worthless due to no demand.

4. Ford wire wheels are 5 on 5 1/2" bolt circle, Plymouths were 5 on 4 1/2" same as '49 and later Ford cars. '35 was last year Ford had wire wheels (except for a handful of very early '36s that had '35 hubs and wheels).

5. Wheels ain't "rims"