Register now to get rid of these ads!

906 ci v12 Seagrave engine project. Gorgons' Grave 906

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Oct 12, 2009.

1. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

2. boldventure

boldventure

Endless possibilities...and you too are correct^..!

3. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

38Flattie, 'cause I live in Columbus and used to work at the nearby foundry where the Seagrave hard parts were cast. Thanks for asking, buddy!

4. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Hmmm, I wonder what this would look like as a lowered car hauler? just use the cab,restyle to coupe-like and lose the back crew section? Maybe some Caddy style vented hood sides?What do you think? Can someone photoshop it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  5. Hawaiianstyle

Hawaiianstyle

Any idea how much HP/TQ that monster should make?

6. boldventure

boldventure

Now you're cookin"!:D
    KEEP THE CREW SECTION make a killer sleeper/camper for your long distance hauls!

7. boldventure

boldventure

I suspect it's a fairly low RPM, medium HP, ton-O-torque monster...
    If it was off a pumper/tanker you'd need a ton-O-torque, water is way heavy....
    Speed probably isn't as important as gettin' that baby rollin' with minimum effort..

8. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I think stock was 240hp in 1935, but not sure on this one.. It's really hard to find info on these

The crew part is not inclosed, it was just a place to ride, so it would be east to just lose that area.

Attached Files:

9. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

I almost bid on that truck, but remembered I have too many on-going projects. Funny thing is, I usually hear myself saying that in my wife's voice! I couldn't find much info on that engine and left it alone. Steven.

10. boldventure

boldventure

shouldn't be a big trick to get the back of a couple of old junk sleepers or Metro type delivery trucks etc. Grab a re-cip saw or cutting wheel grab the zapper and by-and by you'd have a sleeper/camper.
    It would be a shame to loose that profile, that's what make it so cool looking. But it's your truck...just don't f... it up we are watchin' 'ya now...

11. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Um, well, uh, I haven't told my wife yet!

Not sure how this will go over, but after 21 years together, I know I'll hear about my projects!;)

12. boldventure

boldventure

strange voices in your head huh...they got pills for that now...I'm just sayin'....:p

13. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Haha! I'm not scared!

I'm thinking more along the lines of a coupester style, than the sleeper style. I'm either going to lower and sleek it up for a car hauler, or....

More likely I'll 'marry' a coupe body to the truck hood and front...

14. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The idea of the dual ignition was to have a redundant system at fire scenes. You didn't want your pump crapping out half way through putting out a fire. So they would generally run on one side only, then at the scene, switch to the other if plugs started to foul after prolonged high idle from runing the PTO. Although if youstop and think about it if the running plugs started to foul what did the cold ones inthe same cylinder look like???

15. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Sounds like you'll do it justice 38Flattie.

Boldventure, I can handle my wife's voice without medication, it's when all the other voices in my head get to arguing, that I can't stand it. Steven.

16. boldventure

boldventure

if the other voices are seperate persona you're porbably ok. Could be a hassle if they are all you though...:p
    -Alan-

17. Holy cow imagine the torque steer that A bone has, just a little turn to the right .I think parts of a bridge might be needed to support that thing.
    As for the truck that would make quite an interesting tractor for a car hauler, good luck with the wife. Rob

18. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Your wife is right... You should sell or scrap all your projects. Then when your bored and there's nothing to do at home, you can run down to the strip club, drink beer, and flirt with all the scantly clad women there.

You just gotta know how to convince the little lady that this purchase is in her best interests. ;)

19. boldventure

boldventure

prollay score some meth down to the sebden-lebben 2

Tell her your makin' a camper for the family and that you want your mother-in law to come along on ALL the trips...

20. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Great buy Buddy.
    Sure like to see the experts do some photo shopping on this one.

21. budd

budd

a friend of mine came by my shop this week driveing this, the engine runs beautiful, he would like to get some new dist. caps for it.

Attached Files:

22. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man i really dig big odd ball engines that is to cool i hope you make a rod using this beast , i will follow the build ,

23. me too.

24. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I'll keep everyone posted. I have to finish the flat Cad first.

Can anyone photoshop what I've described? Or hell, even what they think should be done!

25. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

No such thing. Tell him to be VERY CAREFUL with the ones he has.

26. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

The first one is just lowered. The second one is the only chopped and channeled 3 window coupe with enough interior room for the world's tallest humans.

I only have MS Paint, so nothing fancy.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

27. Koolade

Koolade
    from Illinois

this is kind of a side note, but doesn't Pierce still make Fire Engines (probably has nothing to do with the original Pierce Arrow, or maybe it does. I'm just thinking that I saw a "Pierce" logo on a fire truck just the other day, didn't think about it until now) I saw that at the pileup and it was gnarly.

28. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Not so was a 702 V-12!! Uses 4 351 V-6 heads.

29. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I dig that coupe look. Some fat fenders on the back, clean up the hinges and cab lights.....Bam!

30. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

After having a 906 V-12 Seagrave I can tell you parts are platium un-obtainium. There was NO aftermarket engine parts support ,Seagrave was the only source for bearings ,pistons etc. Caps and rotors will bring anywhere from $100 to $250 each on Ebay depending on how desperate one or more owners are at a given time. These things literally will let you see the fuel gauge drop when you put your foot in it ,I was getting 2-3 MPG driving EASY around town. They do sound pretty on a open pipe,back in the day fire trucks did not have to run mufflers.