Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 8th Annual Hartman Hot Rod Bash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fast Elvis, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Once again the Hartman Hot Rod Bash has come and gone for another year but this year was another fun time despite the on and off rain.....BBQ, 4 bands, vintage drag car crackelfest, the world famous East London Timing Assoc. (E.L.T.A.) Club Shop full of vintage drag and hot rod gold was open to the public plus much more all went off with out much problems in the rain....lol.

It was great to see so many HAMBers show up and on behalf of the Hartman Family, myself and the rest of the E.L.T.A. brothers....thank you so much...see you in 2013.

2. Some pic's from last nite........

3. Pic's....

Attached Files:

4. More pic's......

Attached Files:

5. ....and they keep on rolling....lol...

Attached Files:

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. Despite the rain it was a great turn out of great rides and great folks.

Attached Files:

8. A few more for the fans of the E.L.T.A....lol.....

Attached Files:

9. More pic's from outside the E.L.T.A. Club Shop...London Ontario, Canada.

Attached Files:

10. Nice to see so many drag race brothers turning up with the cool vintage stuff....

Attached Files:

11. Fun...fun....fun.....

Attached Files:

12. jwl53

jwl53
    from So cal

Very kool... Thanks for sharing!

13. fordcpe

fordcpe

I went there after the bothwell swap and it was really nice place.I will go back next year with the car. Darrell

14. .....and still more pic's from our Hartman/E.L.T.A. Bash.....a few from with in our E.L.T.A. Club Shop...

Attached Files:

15. Hey Darrell.......great to have you come by for the fun.......don't forget our annual Fall E.L.T.A. Open House BBQ in Sept........see you there brother.....long live the SHAKERS.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  16. Cars and HAMBers mugging for the camera.....lol.

Attached Files:

17. fordcpe

fordcpe

Thanks Mark I will try to be there with the car and bring all the Windsor guys I can get. By the way I was the guy with Ralph Cooper and gave you the Cooper Walker Dragster T shirt for you shop.What day is the Sept. one on. Darrell

18. Hey brother....the BBQ is usually on the the 3rd weekend in Sept on the Sunday from 2:00pm to 6:00pm at the shop......always a great time...we never know what "wild cards" will show up....lol.

Thanks again for the great shirt we will ceretainly fly it in the shop with pride.

See you and Ralph soon.

19. Mark, I didn't take a ton, but I'll try and post the pictures that I have, up tomorrow.

20. Thanks AJ........it was great having you down at the party brother......I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures......lol......I'm just getting my voice back.....lol.

21. Great photos! Thanks

22. senior fried

senior fried

Wow , Looks like it was a blast this year...

Attached Files:

23. to the Hartman family up north from a fellow Hartman in south Tx, great job.

24. Rochie

Rochie

Well, as Fast Elvis has said, another Hartman's/ E.L.T.A. Saturdy night special has been put in the history books. We had folks from Sudbury to N.Y. state, from Windsor to Niagara and pretty much everywhere in between. The crowd wasn't as big as years past...we can thank the crazy weather for that, but the atmosphere was absolutely great. There were a number of racing celebrities on hand, and a surprise visit from a certain Bob Dixon with his 57 Ford B/G car from back in the day, sporting it's original SOHC Ford cammer motor. Maybe next year, Bob's brother Al, with his 57 Ford Sedan Delivery gasser, and some more of the Windsor boys will be up
    Even the rain could't stop the bands on stage or the chatter between new and old friends.
    I told you guys it was a great time ....well maybe next year Huh?

These are from a friend of ours. Some of you will know who. Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7699317...28214666/show/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7699317...29749344/show/

25. Couple of iPhone shots that I took throughout the day/evening. Not the best, but my point and shoot has about the same megapixel rating... I need a decent camera.

Attached Files:

26. Few more...

Attached Files:

27. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Looks like I missed a great time,
    but the womans only grand parent only turns 90 years old once!

Next year for sure!

28. Thank to Mark and The Hartmans and everybody else who put this show on!This really is best hot rod gathering in this area and can't wait till next year.

29. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Really enjoyed your pictures.... thanks for posting them.

30. Hey AJ....great pic's from with in the old E.L.T.A. Shop brother....big thanks......love these ones....."you'd the man"!!

Attached Files: