Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

8ba Ford Flathead Complete Drivetrain

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by 1930ModelA, Jul 30, 2017.

1. 1930ModelA

1930ModelA
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: Parkland

State: Florida
    Price: $7,750
    8ba FORD FLATHEAD DRIVETRAIN SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLD Pending Payment
    I have a completely updated and rebuilt 8ba Ford flathead drivetrain for sale. This drivetrain now sits in my body off restored ‘36 coupe. The complete setup includes the engine, top loader transmission, and complete banjo rear end. Everything is newly rebuilt or new, with only the highest quality parts and workmanship. There are absolutely no issues or hidden problems with any part of this driveline, period! I have been a longtime Ford flathead enthusiast and also have a ‘30 coupe with an 8ba flathead. However, I have been presented an opportunity to go in a completely different direction with this car, and I cannot turn it down. Therefore I am selling this complete driveline, including all the items listed below.
    If you have a 1935 -40 Ford, this is a direct, bolt in, ready to run setup. It’s complete from fan to rear end. It does not get any easier than that. This set up can of course be used in any other early year ford with some changes.
    The pictures are of the ‘36 as it now sits, and it will remain together until the engine is sold. Those who are interested will be able to ride in the car, see what they’re buying, and won’t have to trust my word whether the engine runs perfect, smokes, stalls, knocks, sputters, overheats, etc., etc., etc. We’ll go wherever, city, highway, etc. until your satisfied with the quality of what your buying. When it’s bought, I’ll pull the drive train.
    Obviously, I prefer to sell this as a complete unit to one person. However, if it doesn’t work out this way I’ll of course part out the engine, transmission and rear end separately. I’ll start a list of who wants what, but nothing will be removed until the engine is sold.
    This is a quality setup.
    ENGINE
    Very strong running, absolutely issue free
    285 miles on total rebuild
    8ba 24 stud (using 59ab heads and crab distributor for earlier look)
    4” Stroke
    .60 over
    265 cubic inches
    Schnider Cam
    New; valves, lifters, springs, bearings, pistons, rings, oil pump, etc., etc.
    Edelbrock Heads
    Offenhauser 2x2 Intake
    Stromberg 97 Carbs
    (Both carbs were sent to Max Musgrove in Salt Lake City Utah for rebuilding. Max is the long time accepted authority on 97s in the USA)
    Stromberg Linkage
    Stromberg Fuel Connectors
    Fuel Pressure Gage
    Fuel Pressure regulator
    Electric fuel Pump
    New Water Pumps
    New PowerGen Alternator w/original ‘36 Mounted Fan
    New PowerGen Starter
    Rebuilt Crab Distributor w/Vertex Condenser.
    (Distributor was sent to Jim Linder in Indianapolis Indiana for rebuilding. Jim is the well known rebuilder of Early Ford distributors.)
    New Matched Coil, Resistor and Ford Starter Solenoid
    Resurfaced Flywheel with New Starter Ring Gear
    8rt Bellhousing
    New Clutch Disc and Pressure Plate from Fort Wayne Clutch. USA Made (none better)
    Reds Headers
    Remote Oil Filter
    New Belt
    New Radiator Hoses w/Stainless Tubes
    New Custom made Plug Wires
    New Motor Mounts and bolts
    Every Nut, Bolt, Stud, Screw, etc. is New
    This is absolutely the complete ready to run motor, with every one of it’s accessories. What you see in the pictures is what you’re getting All that’s needed is for you to connect the battery to the starter and the coil to your ignition wire. Start it up, your done!
    TRANSMISSION
    Completely Rebuilt 1939 Style Top Loader with Later Updated Gear Set and Synchros
    Entire Gear Set was sent to Mac VanPelt in Ohio for inspection and replacement parts. VanPelt is the accepted authority on Early Ford transmission.
    Rebuilt 1939 Double Detent Shifter
    New Federal Mogul Throwout Bearing and U Joint
    New Transmission Mount
    Closed Drive
    REAREND
    Complete Closed Drive Banjo Rear End, Drum to Drum, Wide Five drums and Wheels Included
    Front Wide Five Drums and Wheels included to complete the Wide Five set)
    ‘36 Radius Rods
    New Posies Reverse Eye Super Slider Spring
    New Posies Shackles and Bushings
    New Ford Wheel Bearings and Seals
    New Pete&Jakes Shocks
    New Brakes
    New Raybestos Wheel Cylinders
    Brakes and Drums were sent to the Brake & Clutch Center in Tampa to be arc matched as a set
    Again, this is a complete, newly rebuilt, driveline package. NOTHING has been stripped or removed from the engine, transmission or rear end! If it’s attached to it, it goes. The only thing you need to supply is the drive shaft/torque tube. It cannot get any easier than that.
    $7,750 For the complete drive line

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Lasallefever and boones27t like this.