Register now to get rid of these ads!

75 Years Old And Naked!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptruck, Jan 6, 2009.

1. choptruck

choptruck

After sanding all the old paint and rust that I could get off, my 34 is off to the sandblasters. I don't want to do any bodywork right now and I really can't decide on a color. so I don't think I'll paint it for a while. Bare metal always looks good anyway. Just thought I'd share.

Attached Files:

2. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

watch out for rust ................ steve

3. Abomb

Abomb

2 things

I hope you meant media blasters

Or, I hope they are really good, and don't warp your car beyond repair.

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

If you aren't going to be doing anything to that anytime soon, why not just leave it the way it is? Looks mostly there already. A year or 2 from now, it's likely going to look that way again even if stored well. If you are going to blast it and store, I say primer/seal it too so you don't have to do it again and possibly lose even more metal. Honestly, why are you even blasting that? Doesn't hardly even look like it needs it.

5. Fogger

Fogger

If you're going to blast it use soda and not sand or any media that will heat the surface and not only warp the it but work harden it and make body work very difficult. As stated above seal and prime and keep inside. The FOGGER

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man, That's a good looking Chop!

7. BISHOP

BISHOP

I was thinking the same thing.
    After its blasted its gona need sealer or something over it. If you like the bare metal look, dont blast it.

8. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Just a thought sand is one form of media and sodas hard to get removed from porous areas . also soda and plastic will warp panels with pressure ,also silicone base medias including sand pounds deep into your metals we use 5 gallon drums of thinner in a gun and paint wash each panel and you can see the trash wash out till clean .my choice is after you strip as much paint of that you can first and formost all the large flat areas , then we sand blast rusty areas at early dawn or dusk so we can see the heat .after that we use various other light medias to finish up clean and prime .c