Register now to get rid of these ads!

7.00-18 Firestone in the “old” Tread Pattern – Limited Production Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTaulbert, Sep 15, 2013.

1. xpittsx

xpittsx
    from Jersey

I pre-ordered a set from Zach at Coker. He told me when ordering that he would call me when the tires we ready to ship. At that time he would charge my Credit Card the total of the tires. When I saw that guys here started receiving their sets of tires and I had not received mine, I called Zach... No answer, no return call. I shot him an email and got a response a few days later. The email said they would be shipping in a week or two.

My tires showed up with NO PHONE CALL. My credit card was charged a few days before........ Very Nice Tires! ! !

It would've been nice if I had a call saying someone was gonna be taking more than $450bucks out of my account!

2. Xman

Xman

Anyone have pictures of their new tires mounted and on their car?

3. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Here is a set I put on for a guy
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392693443.194004.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392693465.546442.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

Anyone know if tubes are available for these with the small tr13 (.453") valve stem?...and with a straight valve stem.

5. Almost ordered some of these but decided 600/650-18s would suit the build better. Coker quit making them also wonder if they would do a shirt run if them if there was enough interest.

6. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

wish i would have made my mind up a few months ago about running 18s on the back so i could have got in on the pre order.

FWIW i called them today to see if they were going to be doing another one anytime that they knew of and they said they was going to do a run when they had 100 orders.... said they had a few so far but not many. was told to call back in a month or so..

Will keep an eye out but might get in on the next one

7. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875652

Please reference this new thread for the Second run. I have established a new contact and the correct information concerning the number of tires needed and the number of current orders placed.

50 Tires needed for this run
    18 Confirmed orders as of 4-14-2014

Thanks

8. Got mine fitted my to wheels today.
    Al. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397719522.089440.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397719543.754790.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  9. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Wow...those look fantastic! I think I'm gonna havta buy a set. Little off topic but has anybody figured out what color the divco/milk truck/high clearance wheels started out as. They were alotta times just an over the counter thing so maybe they were in primer? Bobby Green runs his in a shiny grey but I never knew if that was the original color or just his preference. JohnnyA

10. Looking good Al, just picked mine up yesterday from the shipping yard. Got '32 Wires and Divco's to choose from. Thanks again to Cory for his ingenuity and resourcefulness.

11. alchemy

alchemy

I started another thread with pics and info about these wheels, since they weren't actually 18".

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My pal Bonneville Butch told me there was an elder gent that had steel centers for 18" wheels, and was making them up for Bonneville racers. (this was in '96)
    My son and I went to Fathers Day at Pomona, saw innumerous '32 Highboys with 18" steel wheels w/ '40 type hub caps on back, I asked a couple of fellas where they got 'em...
    they said there was "a guy making them", in the L.A. area.
    Someone must know who this was...(it was NOT a 'Wheel Vintiques' endeavor, just a 'privateer')

13. alchemy

alchemy

Wasn't there a guy or shop named Sonny's that was stamping new steelie centers for 18" wheels, but he didn't always deliver and had some bad press on the interweb?

14. I might be interested in a pair, but...I wont need them for at least 2-3 years. Would they be ok to buy and just store or not worth letting them go bad?

15. StrickV8

StrickV8

posted this up on nick28's thread for the 2nd run of these tires without much response, http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875652

Well Coker Tire still has some of these 7.00-18's... Ordered a pair from Steve this morning. He said he still has a few sets left for those who are interested.

For all of you that have ordered tires off of this thread and Cory's original thread, how about posting up some pics of them mounted on your car? What size tires are you running on the front?

Thanks again to Cory and Nick for taking this initiative to make these limited runs happen!

16. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

My 32 with the 7.00's...[​IMG]

DeLuxe 32 and daddio211 like this.
  17. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420595449.997814.jpg

daddio211, DeLuxe 32 and CTaulbert like this.
  18. StrickV8

StrickV8

thanks for the pics. would welcome more and what size front tire you're running.

19. Firestone 450-18".
    Al.