Register now to get rid of these ads!

671 hilborn jetting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aerorocket, Mar 18, 2008.

1. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

I help wrench on my friends old Lynd-wood rail. Since it is an original car; not certified, most places won't let him start it let alone run it so our track time is very limited as well as our experience with a blown 392. My question is this: If we increase the blower speed 20% what % by area should we decrease the pill size to compensate for the change in boost? It's an old 2 port hilborn on the 671. The blower is old, not teflon, so its not super tight. Runs on race gas. The plugs look real good the way it is jetted now with the 1to 1 pulleys installed. What horsepower gain can we expect?

2. Do you know how much static compression ratio the engine has?
    Can you find out how much fuel pump it has? [Hilborn 110?]
    Do you have any pulleys between 1 to 1 and 20%?
    Matt Shaff

3. BigChief

BigChief

Give Don Hampton a call (Hampton Blowers). (562) 803-9484 He's been a Godsend for us on the supercharged motors we've done.....so far no breakage and all the power we planned on having and then some. Don is easy to talk to and very helpful. He should be able to get you dialed in on the tune-up.

-Bigchief.

4. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

8.5 compression, small hilborn pump, no other pulley and its an odd 2" belt.

5. I see its running on gas and not alcohol. You need to be carefull with big moves running gas. Keep the timing down to around 24*-26*. If it has Hilborn nozzles you can tune easier if you switch to Enderle nozzles. Hilborns are flow coded and Enderles are stamped with the orfice size. Try boosting your pulleys and pinch the main jet down 10%. Remember to use orfice area [pie x raduis square] not the hole diameter when doing your math.
    Pro-Formance Specialties
    1115 East Main St.
    Rochester, NY 14609
    585-288-1499
    Matt Shaff

6. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

Thanks guys we really appreciate your advice. The car belongs to Bob Bilbow: Bob's dad was Pat Bilbow who was the designer and builder of the Lynd-wood chasis.

7. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

If you give it more wind you need to give it more fuel .....to a point! watch your plugs and then start pulling out the fuel !also your total timing? don't want to burn it down.