Register now to get rid of these ads!

65 f-100 parts interchange??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by forsakenfew, Nov 7, 2006.

1. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

just picked up a 65 f-100. first ford truck i've ever owned. i know ALOT of parts interchange between the years, just not sure what the cutoff is. i'm looking for a tailgate, and power steering pump/box, hell while i'm at it, how bout power brake booster, M/C??. and a few other odds and ends, but the above three are the biggies.

2. Hey man, have you checked out this website yet?

www.ford-truck.com

They have a whole section devoted to the 61-66 trucks.

3. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try this site-http://groups.msn.com/slick60sfordfseries61to66 or google "slick 60s" and see what comes up. I can tell you that the front axles interchange from '65 up to '79. My '65 has the front axles complete with the disk brakes, power steering box, brake booster and master cylinder from a '76 F-150 on it. I had to make a small relief on the left motor mount for clearance for the steering box and change the length of the master cylinder pushrod. I also shortened the stock '65 steering colunm a little to keep the same distance between the wheel and my gut when using the late model steering box. All in all a pretty easy way to upgrade.

4. Eric, I have a '71 you can pick some parts off of. It's an F250, but some of the brake junk you are looking for should work- Booster, MC. I also have a steering box, but that thing is as big as your leg. I'm pretty sure the F100's and F250's used the same box for 2wds starting in '68. You'll need the pitman arm and maybe the tie rod too. I'm junking the truck eventually, but I just need to be able to roll it out when I'm ready so if you can fab up a steel rod and bolt in place of the tie rod ends, you can have that too. PM me if interested.