Register now to get rid of these ads!

'65 Cadillac...what can i do with it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 133, Oct 12, 2005.

1. 133

i'm thinking of buying a '65 Cadillac. now i know these don't really fall into a "kustom" category, i'd like to spruce it up a bit. nothing really extreme. are there any wheels that i could slap on? Astros, Radirs? what type of paint scheme would go with the car? scallops, panel paint job? i'm open to both positive and negative feedback, lol. thanks for your input.

Attached Files:

2. here you have a Swede made caddy with airride and some pinstriping(dont know the year of the caddy but its around 65). Will llok for more pics

Attached Files:

3. I like those cars

Attached Files:

4. I wouldn't put any gaudy wheels on it. Older Caddy hubcaps would be tits. Tint the windows, throw some skirts on the back and maybe add some scallop accents to the body lines.

Oh and make it mechanically reliable with AC and drive the tar out of it.

5. plan9

plan9

personal tastes mind you.... but i dont think cadillacs should be in primer for long, they really should be painted even if its old paint.

lower it, maybe some ribbed radirs with pinner white walls, shave the handles/emblems and drive it.

exactly how the pic looks but lower... if you are into it down the line, throw some flake and paneling on it

6. pOrk

pOrk

Our shop 68:

[​IMG]

7. Here is one from behind!!!

Attached Files:

8. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I always thought money colors looks great on Caddies, golds, greens, silvers, etc. and some lowering with a mild shave. They don't need much else in my opinion.

9. Another Swede caddie..........

10. Forgott the picture

Attached Files:

11. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

i had a perfect 4 door 66 i could not give away sawed the roof off it made a fake convertiable boot for it and sold it the first time i had it out. looked great

12. 133

thanks for the replies. i was just thinking of putting air ride on it with either stock hubcaps w/ ww's or Astros with skinnies and a nice panel paint scheme on the roof.

13. Olson

Olson

There ya go...dem o' boats don't need much to look sweet.

Olson

14. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

trade it for a Lincoln :D

But 4 real... I'm with Plan 9. Caddillacs should never be in primer. Got to show some respect and keep it clean, low, and long.

15. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

16. kempkustom

kempkustom

that seafoam green car is killer!
    dominic

17. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

I drove a 65 caddy every day for 5years. I lowered it and painted the wheels red and threw on 56 caddy caps. painting the wheels red just left a nice small red ring around the outside,the 65 caps are some of the nicest around.
    FED

18. 133

would anyone happen to have some pics of some killer panel paint jobs or links to some photos?

19. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

ill trade you for mu buick....

20. Those are actually some of my favorite Caddys. I've wanted a '65 for a long time. I say bag it, for sure. They look great sitting right on the ground. For wheels, run Radirs and pinners [perhaps some of the triple stripe U.S. Royals that Coker sells. Hell, I actually think double pinner bias redlines would look cool on the right car, but I'm weird like that.] or chrome standards. Stock caps would work, as well. For paint, go with something that compliments the body lines. Either a solid color, or some panels that compliment the car. Perhaps some flake, or even some tasteful lace.

Just don't be afraid to style the car after the era it actually existed in. I just don't dig a mid 60's car rolling mid '50's styling. There's a lot of potential for a mid to late '60's [or even early '70's, if ya really want to go against the grain]styled custom, and almost no one is building them.

21. DrJ

DrJ

I like the alloy wheels from those last big DeVilles made in the 90's
    Check out the SENTINEL 400 I posted on the thread asking about what to do with a 71 Buick... apply some of it's ideas to the Caddy, maybe.