Register now to get rid of these ads!

64 Falcon spindle fit question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kickstarter, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

I've got a 64 Falcon wagon with a six cylinder engine. I'm keeping the six but I'm changing to five lug on the car from the four. I've got a pair of 67 Mustang spindles ready to go and wanted to know if it is a direct swap, or do I need to change the tie rods or anything else.

2. Last Exit

Last Exit
    from NJ

I would go to a Mustang or Falcon website/forum. You should able to find a lot of info there...
    Good luck

3. 61unib100

61unib100
    from Alpine, Ca

If I remember correctly youll need all the steering parts, brake parts and springs. The six front end is pretty much all different from the 8 set up. I think the 67 mustang stuff is different also due to the car being able to accept an FE motor. Hope this helps!

4. Drive Em

Drive Em

The spindles will fit, but you will also need the drag link, and tie rods from a V-8 car as well. Keep in mind that a manual steer V-8 drag link is not that easy to find.

5. 53 effie

53 effie

Yep, they fit. I'm running 67 Mustang spindles on my '60 Ranchero. Like others said you need the V8 tie rod ends and center link. The center link you need is a '65 Falcon or Comet V8 one - a one year item only, different from the 64 V8 stuff. I got mine off that auction site several years ago. They can be rather difficult to come by.

6. 65COMET

65COMET

Kickstarter;the Mustang spindles will fit as the ball joints are the same size.You can get adapter tie rod adjusters,big on the spindle end and smaller on the center end.You could also get a shim kit that allows the six cylinder outer tie rod to fit the larger V-8 spindle,a good friend went that route of 22 years ago on his Falcon!You could also go to five lug rotors on a disc brake kit that fits the 6 cylinder spindles.65 V-8 manual steering links are available new,do not use a Mustang center link as it is too wide. ROY.

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Thanks! I've got a shim kit on the way.

9. 61unib100

61unib100
    from Alpine, Ca

Second that..... I had to find that same thing for my old 64 I had, they are gold when you find them