Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Dave, good to hear from you! Keep posting! You are the man when it comes to B/FX and A/FX Comets! What's the latest on your projects?

2. 65afxcomet

65afxcomet

Analog dog , yes i know the "Mr 289 " pic is one you posted but I do not have very many pics of 64 b/fx from back in the day . As far as current pics : the top pic of 65 a/fx on car trailer was taken last year . As i've mentioned to you before both of these cars are in same condition as when i found , bought and shipped them home . I am not proud of this fact but its just the way things worked out . In a perfect world they'd be restored and i'd sitting next to AFX DAVE at the drag strip . But hopefully i'll make progess on them in next few years .....or sooner if i win the lottery :)
    Hamps

3. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Hi All,

I thought this work I've gotten done I would share. Until it's installed don't look like much, but making and fitting with cardboard takes time. Don't mention my stuff often, got lots more parts bought also. The main panel will be inside glove box door mounted to cage cross bar, MSD next to right kick panel. The box of wiring is OEM stuff plus what was hooked to shifter control panel when I purchased car, none of it will be going back in. With the wiring package I have everything in one including blinkers, will save weight and be much simpler installing IMO......Al

Computer cords will connect everything from trunk and under hood

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  4. ec164

ec164
    from MI

These are the markings I found under all the Red clay I scraped off, they were all clear enough for photos and have done my best to write them in same spot, style and size they were, some are not done yet. I don't know that it means much other than in trying to make look similar to when it was new, or for someone old enough to remember seeing cars with markings like that. Today we have barcode stickers all over car.....Al

5. ec164

ec164
    from MI

For some reason they didn't take first time.....Al

Attached Files:

6. AFX DAVE

AFX DAVE

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;looks great!! I like all your detailing,too me it makes a car stand out from the crowd !!! ROY.

8. 65COMET

65COMET

Dave;I feel an old A/FX or B/FX car could run today,would need to have up to date safety items and it would run some other class unless it was in a special FX eliminator!! ROY.

9. AFX DAVE

AFX DAVE

Roy, the Value of those AFX & BFX cars has gotten high plus a lot of them have been Restore back to Original. Who would spend $150,000.00 for a 65 BFX Comet and Dragrace it? Roy by the way I do have a 10 point chrome moly Rollcage with a fuel cell and shut off switch in the rear of my BFX. ~~~AFX DAVE~~~

10. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

After Bill Schrewsbury's visit with me at CHRR, and then jumping over to Ken Godseys pit to look over the Sox and Martin car, I'd say he is at this moment THE authority on A/FX and B/FX cars. He was such a nice guy, and so humble. I still hope that the contact that both Ken and I made with him continues, as he lives not far from me. For those who keep track, he told us he "still"has his Comet.......... Now that is one for the record books!!!!

11. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I realize my post was a bit off topic, but after looking through analog dogs pictures, and seeing that picture of him when he was young, brought back the whole time he was with us, and driving me around on his little John Deere cart at Famoso.... It was an epic event for me personally, as I used to glue my face to the fence as a kid, watching himgo by in the LA Dart, and the Berry Wagon

12. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

What Comet was he speaking of???

13. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Thanks alot Roy! My friends tell me I'm to anal too ever get car done and won't race it...Well I'm quite into detail and is taking me longer and more $, but it will be done one day? and I will race it! You'all will get first video when done posted here, if the Thread lives long enough. Just glad Dale you and everyone else has shit going on to keep me excited, will admit I was burned out on it for a couple months.....Al

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  14. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Mr. Dave I know you have the parts, my own eyes have looked them over, that 66' is exciting due to seeing it at Milan years ago.....Al

And Yes which Comet was Schrewsbury's?

15. 65COMET

65COMET

Dave;I realize how expensive a true A/FX or B/FX is and how someone would not want to race one!! I thought you meant they could not be raced as is because of rules!! I have a friend that raced a true 64 T-Bolt,#64 I believe,until just a couple of years ago.A lot of us kept after him to quit as it was too valuable,he finally did!! ROY.

16. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;I like what you are doing to YOUR car!! If people do not like it T S ,it is YOUR car,YOU have to be happy with it when it is finished!!! JMO , ROY.

17. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

I'm just glad that I know where the 64 B/FX Comet is.I could have had that Cyclone real cheap when I found it...but snooze you lose...and I didn't get it.You know that I have a real interest in that Comet...not so much the 65 A/FX conversion (Tar Baby)...and A/FX Dave can definitely help you out with the 65,and he is a real nice guy.What are your plans for the 64? I am interested in any parts that might come off of the Comet when you get around to it...like the Chevy straight front axle,etc...Mahalo,Steve.

Attached Files:

18. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

Doug Nash B/FX
    [​IMG]

19. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

20. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

21. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

22. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

23. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

24. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Dougs Comet was not prepped by Stroppe but was an ex durability Comet prepped by Doug.The 64 Comet I found that Hamps now owns is the only 1964 Comet B/FX prepped by Stroppe,but now has a Chevy drive train installed by a previous owner....:eek:

25. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

26. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Six Gun those are great photos, although this last one is Awesome....Thanks Al

27. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

28. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

29. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

THANKS!!!

I just hope there not all re-posts

30. 65afxcomet

65afxcomet

Steve , yes the last motor in it was a bbc but i bought it as a roller which was ok with me as i didn' t need a boat anchor at the time :)
    Hamps