Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Falconred

Falconred

I last saw this car at Yellow River Dragstrip in Georgia. It had the timing cover off and I got a look at all the timing chain and gears.

2. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Need to get more comets together, Look awesome in a pit like that

3. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I agree, but not too many people like to hammer on them out West here like Roy and I ! :D

4. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  5. 65COMET

65COMET

Myron;cool 64,seems strange to see an altered wheelbase car sitting low!!The roof sure looks plain without all the stainless trim!! Too bad we can't get a bunch of the Comets together for some racing!!! ROY.

6. Muttley

Muttley

7. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

I'm game. finishing up the rear steer brakes and the car hauler so, maybe mid season i can make some tracks and who knows put in for some vaca. time in cali.

8. 65COMET

65COMET

dogpatch;have you decided to change color? It looks like the Comet was a hit at the show.Two,maybe three,Comets are headed to Bowling Green for the NHRR in June,should be more Comets there too. ROY.

9. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;the only other Comets I've seen racing out here are Todd's 65,Tim's 64,and Gary's64.There used to be a white 65 that was always at Famoso,have not seen it in years.Save your pennys and nickels and head back to the NHRR with us in June!! ROY.

10. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

roy, yeah, gunna change it to metallic red or maroon. just not diggin the brown. it does get alot of attention. but i think the red will look better.

i am going to try to make the nhrr 's in june shouldnt be a bad drive from here. anyone else going?

george

11. HOT CONNIE

HOT CONNIE
    from New York

Hey guy's
    I'm new to this..........This is my first post.
    I raced this car in the Western New York, Southern Ontario Canada back in the late 70's and early 80's. Tracks that I raced at regularly were Lancaster, Empire and Cayuga.

Attached Files:

12. 65COMET

65COMET

George;Mercuryjunky,his Dad[Phil],Fast Eddie and myself for sure right now,so two Comets and two Falcons.I think red with the gold would look great,should bring out the flake!! HOT CONNIE;welcome to the jungle,you still have the Comet? ROY.

13. HOT CONNIE

HOT CONNIE
    from New York

Thanks for welcome...........

Yes, I stopped racing it in "92". Was still on the trailer with the Dial-in on the window last year when I took it out of storage.
    I had to go through the brakes, file the points and put fresh fuel in it. Took it for a few blast up the road in front of my house........felt "Good".

14. cobrajet2

cobrajet2

More lettering for Sylvanus' AFX.

[​IMG]

15. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;Syl's Comet is looking better all the time! Can't wait to see the finished product! Does he have a show or race planned for the unveiling? ROY.

16. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

i'm in, with the comets!
    just bought my three day passes.

cant wait, george

17. 65COMET

65COMET

George;I haven't sent mine in yet,gotta get going before they sell out!!!! ROY.

18. cobrajet2

cobrajet2

Roy,
    I don't know when Syl hopes to have his '64 completed or when it will make its debut. Hopefully, he will chime in. He has a neat story about where the wheels that are on the car came from. In the meantime, here are the latest pics he has sent me. More lettering.

[​IMG]

19. cobrajet2

cobrajet2

20. cobrajet2

cobrajet2

21. spiertb

spiertb

The lettering on "Super Marauder is finally completed. I was going to get it outside this weekend and get some more complerted pics but it was in the 20's, wind blowing 30 mph, and a couple of inches of new snow in the driveway, We've still got to paint the hood and the red interior pieces--I started installing the rug today. It should be done before the Bonney Eagle show down in southern Maine--I might get to that if gas doesn't go up too much more. It's a 200+ mile haul from home. Right now it has a solid lifter dual quad 390 in it, I've got to get the headers coated, and some minor bits and pieces. I need a set of roof drip rails like the ones on "Cammed Heat". They're about an inch shorter than the ones I have. My car has the horizontal trim pieces on the sail panels like the Cyclones. The roof trim needs to be about 55" long, what I have is 56. Regarding the Fentons on the rear that Cobrajet 2 mentioned--I got them from Jim Waldo back in the 70's with 9 inch slicks when I had to run S/S with my '67 427 fairlane. He also built me an engine after I lost one when a sodium exhaust valve broke.

22. 65COMET

65COMET

I have the Jerico out of one of Jim Waldo's cars in my Comet.Do you know if the 65 drip rails are the same?If so PM me,I may be able to help.The Comet is looking great!! ROY.

23. Muttley

Muttley

24. Muttley

Muttley

25. Muttley

Muttley

26. Muttley

Muttley

27. Muttley

Muttley

28. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;more great "Old" pictures.I wish I had a better camera back then,all my pictures are from the old instamatic type cameras,you need a magnifying glass to see them!!! ROY.

29. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Check these out.When was the last time you saw a 1/64th '65Comet? That's right..NEVER!
    Well,Hotwheels is doing it for their "HW Garage series".Should be out sometime this year I'm hoping. There should be some good variations to follow.HW likes to get alot of use out of their tooling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Like to see them lose the blower and do a Dyno Don version!!